China x Male!Reader (Happy Chinese New Year!!!!!)

“[Male name]! Kung hei fat choi!” Yao said, happily, jumping at the boy and latching his arms around his neck. [Male name] stumbled a bit, before laughing and resting his hands on Yao’s hips.

“Hey there Yao!” He said, giving the older male a smile, making him blush.

“So, what do you think of my costume aru?” Yao said, stepping back so that [Male name] could see. The other boy looked down. Yao was wearing a sleeveless red vest with fur on the edges. [Male name] actually forgot how well toned Yao was, since he never really saw his arms, but he should’ve expected this much from a kung fu master. Intricate gold designs were woven into the fabric, which was very eye catching. He wore simple, yellow, baggy pants that were tucked into black, fur lined boots.

“That’s a lot of fur…” [Male name] said, laughing. Yao huffed and crossed his arms.

“Not my fault lions have so much fur. I have no choice,” the older male said. [Male name] tilted his head to the side.

“Lions? Since when did lions have anything to do with China?” he asked. That earned him a light smack on the head.

“Lions are a symbol of courage in China! You should know, you’ve been with me for a couple of months now aru!” Yao said, slightly irked by [Male name]’s ignorance to his culture. The younger male lowered his head.

“Sorry…”

Yao sighed, regretting his outburst. He hated seeing him like this…

“Hey, [Male name], I have some time before my performance… Do you want to know why lions are so important?” he asked. Immediately the other boy perked up.

“Sure! Seems like an interesting story!” Yao laughed and brought [Male name] to a table. They sat down, and Yao began his tale.

“Well, you see… a long time ago, before Chinese New Year was even invented…”

~~~~~~~~~~

… There was a fearsome beast that prowled through the mountains. It would slink into villages at night, and steal the village children! Every night, another child would disappear, and none of the adults could sleep in peace, for they feared that their child was next.

“We must devise a plan dudes!” The mayor said. He was a proud, tall man, leader of the village, and thus, leader of the council.

“You git, do you want your kid to be next?” said a shorter, slightly wiser man, who had extremely thick eyebrows.

“I think we should just shoot it with guns…” Said the tallest man. He had hair as pale as the moonlight, and childish face, but get him angry, and he would be worse than the beast.

“What are guns? Sex toys? HONHONHONHO-”

“Shut up! Stick to the script!”

“Sorry…”

And thus, the last two men were introduced. A man with long hair and a beard, who had a tendency to sleep with many women at the same time, and the oldest man, who was wise, honest, and brave. Their names were Alfred, Arthur, Ivan, Francis, and Yao respectively.

“But dudes, seriously, I don’t wanna wake up to anymore screaming or body parts left on the ground. I’ve had enough, and it makes me sick…” Alfred said, frowning. The other council members agreed, nodding their heads solemnly.

“Let’s devise a plan then, gentlemen.”

And so, the plan was put into action.

Yao contacted his best friend, [Male name], to help. Together, they baked many sticky cakes, and sewed many costumes. They crafted drums and cymbals, and informed the village of what they were going to do.

Finally, the night came. They put out the cakes they baked and the six men got ready, waiting in their costumes. A huge shadow flitted around. It came close, sniffed the cakes, and ate all of them. Sounds of the beast chewing were heard, until a strange guttural sound came from it, and the villagers knew the plan had worked.

The beast’s jaws were stuck together, thanks to the stickiness of the cake, and the six men came out in their lion costumes, circling around the beast and scaring it off. The villagers banged on their drums and crashed their cymbals together, making suck a ruckus that the beast ran away with its tail in between its legs.

~~~~~~~~~~

“… and so, the beast never came back. From that day forward, lions were celebrated as the symbol for bravery and courage, and when Chinese New Year was invented, the symbol was immortalized,” Yao sighed contently, finishing his story. He looked over at [Male name], who was resting his chin on his palm, his eyes barely open.

“[Male name]! You bastard!” Yao shouted, smacking the boy. He whined and grabbed Yao’s wrist, rubbing his head.

“I wasn’t sleeping! I was trying to trick you dammit!” He yelled. Yao huffed and crossed his arms. [Male name] pouted and got up, walking over to Yao’s side of the table. He knelt down in front of him, taking his hands.

“I’m sorry,” [Male name] said, smiling apologetically. Yao blushed and looked away.

“I… I forgive you aru.”

“Yay! Now don’t you have a performance to do?” [Male name] asked, tilting his head to the side. Yao shot up and cursed.

“Crap! I’ll be late!” He exclaimed. He was just about to rush off before [Male name] grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a kiss.

“Good luck lion,” [Male name] said, grinning ear to ear. Yao blushed even harder. He nodded gratefully and pecked the taller boy on the lips.

Yao had never performed so well in his life.

~~~~~~~~~~Author’s Note~~~~~~~~~~

DAMMIT WHY CAN’T I HAVE A GUY LIKE [MALE NAME] AS A BOYFRIEND HUH?! *Mutters darkly*

Anyways, kung hei fat choi to the Chinese community! Red envelopes full of money to all! *Throws red envelopes everywhere*

I had to ask my parents for help on the Chinese legend part of the story. Despite being Chinese, I was an ignorant prick my whole life and didn’t know the legend of the lion dance. Yay for being an ignorant prick! *More red envelopes*

I seriously love Chinese New Year though, you get money from relatives! Who doesn’t like money?! RIGHT?! *Envelopes, envelopes*

*Get’s sanity back*

I thought that having China would be the best red envelope of all though, so here he is! Enjoy~

KUNG HEI FAT CHOI!!!!!!!!!!