Nico di Angelo x Male!Reader (Finding my Happiness)

Sweat dripped down Nico's figure as he swung his sword left and right, reading his opponent's moves like a book. In almost no time flat, he had the edge of his blade at their throat and won the sparring match like it was nothing. He stepped back and let the camper take a break.

It had been a couple weeks since the whole battle with Gaea, and Nico was still pretty drained. Even with the crazy earth mother sound asleep once more, he kept twitching nervously and expecting some monster to jump around whatever corner he was about to turn. And it didn't help that whenever he so much as looked at a jar he'd have a nervous breakdown.

Maybe what he needed was a boyfriend. Someone to help calm his nerves. He frowned automatically when he realized that he didn't even have anyone on his mind. Obviously Percy was out of bounds, and though Nico had had a huge crush on the son of Poseidon, he was completely oblivious. Then he thought about Will Solace. He was cute, sure, but he didn't really know much about him. He seemed like a bit of an airhead, and Nico was afraid he'd literally sing and break into soliloquies every five minutes. He briefly thought of Jason, his only friend whilst he was going through an emotional struggle, but he had Piper and he was obviously in love with her.

As he started mulling over his options, Nico failed to notice the mob of campers heading for the camp border until one of them shouldered him roughly to the side. Snapping out of his reverie, he turned around and wondered what all the commotion was about. Then he registered growling.

He couldn't help it as a small smile came to his lips. ¬Finally, something I can take my anger out on... he thought, running towards the border with his sword drawn. As he reached the edge of camp and broke through the crowd, he stifled a gasp as he saw a lone camper fighting off a HUGE chimaera. Seriously, that thing was FAT.

The camper was a newbie, though he was undeniably good with a sword. He was blocking the monster's attacks as best he could, though from his dirtied look he had probably just come back from a quest and looked absolutely exhausted.

Instantly, Nico leapt into the battle, blocking an attack that probably would've killed the camper had he not been there. Slashing a few times, Nico managed to injure one of the chimaera's paws, sending it reeling backwards with a roar. Taking the opportunity to his advantage, the camper quickly rushed forwards and slashed at the chimaera's throat. It stumbled backwards just in time, and growled in anger.

Just as Nico was about to dash forwards once more, something in the atmosphere seemed to change. The camper's expression had changed from one of exhaustion to one of steely determination. He movements became fluid and fast, like his sword was an extension of his own body. He dodged and weaved like he was a veteran camper and sliced through the chimaera's skin so fast that the skin didn't even have time to split before the monster was dead.

The chimaera exploded into dust all over the camper, and by the time he turned around the exhaustion was back. His (h/c) hair was coated with sand colored particles as he stumbled towards Nico. He held out a shaking hand.

"Thanks," was all he could say. Nico took his hand, surprised to find it super soft.

"No problem..." he mumbled quietly. He looked up to see the camper's eyes closing.

"Hey!" he yelped, as he caught the fainted camper.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello?! Are you okay?" Nico asked as soon as he noticed the camper's eyebrow twitch. He groaned in response and cracked his eyes open a little. Nico noticed that his eyes were a really nice shade of (e/c), and blushed as he realized how good it looked on him. What was he even thinking? Was he crushing on another guy already? He scolded himself and told himself he probably wasn't even gay.