Kaneki Ken x Male!Reader (Words of Encouragement)

Kaneki wrung his hands with nervousness. He bit his lip and looked down at his lap, his black hair falling in his eyes. His heart was racing as he glanced at his phone. He had just sent [Male name] a text, asking whether or not he'd like to come over for a movie. Before he had time to think about how this could possibly go wrong, he had pressed the send button, and he immediately regretted every life decision he had made up to that point.

Once again, he buried his hands in his hair and waited for [Male name] to reply. He waited for the dreaded chime that would decide his fate with his 'crush', technically his extremely new boyfriend now. He was still pretty nervous around him, afraid the tiniest thing would cause them to break up. They hadn't even kissed yet! What if he wasn't a good enough kisser?! He groaned and waited for his love life to completely fall apart. Maybe he was being over dramatic but this meant a lot to him and-

Ding!

Untangling his fingers from his mop of black hair, he launched at his phone and held it with a death grip. He stared wide-eyed at the screen.

"Sure, it'll be fun! Should I bring snacks? :)"

Laughing nervously, he typed his reply with shaking hands.

"If you want. When will you be over?"

[Male name] replied quickly.

"In ten. C ya!"

Kaneki sighed with relief and held his phone close to his chest, smiling happily. He got up and ran to his room, getting changed.

~~~~~~~~~~

The doorbell rang and Kaneki bounded over to the door, a huge smile on his face. He quickly checked his breath and patted down his hair, before opening the door. [Male name] stood on the other side, a lopsided grin on his face. He held up a grocery bag filled with various snacks, many of them Kaneki's favorites.

"Heeey! I'm ready for our date!" [Male name] said loudly. The black haired male blushed furiously and lunged to cover his mouth, quickly shutting the door behind him.

"D-don't say that so loudly! What if my neighbors hear?!" he whispered frantically. [Male name] rolled his eyes and pried Kaneki's fingers away, a hurt expression on his face.

"Why does it even matter? I thought we were dating now," [Male name] said, annoyed. Instantly, Kaneki's blood ran cold.

"N-no! That's not what I meant! I'm just not sure how my neighbors would react..." Kaneki trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck and looking down at his feet. What a lame excuse... he thought.

"Whatever," [Male name] said. Suddenly, he dropped his bag and reached down to grab Kaneki around the waist, hoisting him up. Squealing in a rather embarrassing high-pitched manor, Kaneki settled his hands on [Male name]'s shoulders for support.

"[M-Male name]!" Kaneki sputtered, before [Male name] let him down and hugged him.

"You're gonna have to get used to that from now on," [Male name] said, making Kaneki grin widely.

~~~~~~~~~~

Kaneki glanced down at the (h/c) haired male currently lying on top of him. They had just been watching a movie peacefully, but somehow they had ended up in that position. Worst of all, [Male name] had fallen asleep and was now currently cutting off Kaneki's blood circulation.

He sighed happily, running his fingers through [Male name]'s hair. He knew it sounded weird, but for a guy, [Male name] smelled really good. Maybe it's the shampoo he uses? Kaneki didn't really care.

With the movie as background noise, Kaneki nuzzled his nose against [Male name]'s scalp lovingly and smiled.

"I've loved you since the first day we met..." he started to mutter, brushing [Male name]'s hair out of his eyes.

"You were so cool, and so out of my league. You're smart, and funny, and outgoing. I remember wishing I could be like you. I still do actually," he said.

"I wonder to this day why you chose me. It's definitely not my looks or my body. I'm not particularly unique or funny. I guess I'm sort of smart," Kaneki said, sighing and closing his eyes.

"I wish I could be something you deserve."

Kaneki opened his eyes and looked back down.

[Male name] was staring right back at him. Yelping, Kaneki jumped, accidentally kneeing [Male name] in the stomach. Grunting, he slumped over and wheezed.

"Ah! I'm so sorry! I-I didn't mean to- Oh god I'm sorry!" Kaneki said, frantically trying to see if [Male name] was okay. [Male name] raised a hand and took a deep breath to calm himself.

"You're wrong," he said. Kaneki stopped.

"Huh?" was all he could say. [Male name] slowly looked up, a hint of pain still on his face. His (e/c) eyes were bright however, and a small smile graced his lips.

"You're amazing. You're smart, adorable, awkward, quiet, and sweet. To me, all those things are what I've been searching for. You're so studious too, so determined to do good. I don't deserve you, not the other way around," he said, shifting until he was sitting comfortably on the couch. He still cradled his stomach though.

Kaneki's heart was doing summersaults, and his belly was filled to the rim with butterflies. Had [Male name] just said all those nice things? Was he even worthy of such praise? Doubt crossed his face and [Male name] sat up straighter, concerned.

"Kaneki?"

The black haired male shook himself hard, surprised to find a few tears in his eyes.

"Thank you," he said, "I'm fine. It's just... No one's ever said that to me before."

[Male name] crawled over and placed his hand under Kaneki's chin, lifting his face up so that his grey eyes met [Male name]'s (e/c) ones. He leaned forward slowly and delicately, giving Kaneki plenty of time to pull away if he wanted to, but Kaneki couldn't move. He was suspended in the moment, watching with wide eyes as [Male name] inched closer, his lips nearly brushing his own.

Then [Male name] captured Kaneki's lips with his own.

~~~~~~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~~~~~~

And then they proceeded to make babies.

Oh, and then the last Kaneki chapter happened. [Male name] is ded.

Heh heh heh I'm evil.

This chapter's characters are:

1) Nico di Angelo (PJO/HoO)

2) Makoto Tachibana (Free!)

3) Mikoshiba/Mikorin (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun)

Happy voting and a Happy New Year! ;)