Nico di Angelo x Male!Reader (Lovesick Fool)

Who are you? You're looking like a stranger

You were once my love and my savior

Now I'm left with nothing but your makeup

On my pillow

Nico cracked his eyes open. The moon cast an eerie light on the black floor of his cabin, making his face glow a little. He rubbed his eyes and sat up, pulling his covers off. He looked at his clock. 2:17 am.

And I can't sleep, the pills they never helped

Tried counting sheep, still hurts like hell

I can't believe this rose has lost its red

And its petals

He rubbed his eyes and stood, up, slightly unsteady. He breathed out shakily, trying to remember the dream he had right before he woke up. It was already slipping through his fingers like water, but he remembered very clearly the face staring back at him through the murkiness of sleep. [Male name].

Who put that rock in your chest, won't you tell me?

If I said I wished you the best, I was lying

Nico sighed and ran his fingers through his messy dark brown hair. He couldn't sleep anyways. Might as well go for a walk. He grabbed his jacket and shrugged it on, stepping outside into the biting night of a cold September.

Waking up just brings me down

He shivered as a wind blew across the tress, chilling him to the bone. He rubbed his hands up and down his arms in an attempt to regain warmth, but with no luck.

Cause every morning you are nowhere to be found

And my bed is half empty not half full

Nico found himself near the forest. He didn't even care if he got mauled by monsters, it wouldn't even hurt after what he went through. He plopped down on the leaf strewn ground. He rubbed his sinuses, letting his thoughts wander, from mulling over the disappearance of [Male name], to why he left, and to where he was now, and whether or not he was okay and happy.

I'd rather live with broken bones

Then lay here all on my own like a lovesick fool

'Fool, of course he left. He's too good for you, why would he stay by your side?' a nasty little voice inside Nico's voice whispered.

Like a lovesick fool

"Shut up," Nico muttered, trying to shut out the voice that's been haunting him for the past few weeks. Since... he left...

Like a lovesick fool

'What are you to him? He's perfect. Girls are tripping over themselves trying to chase him. What makes you think you stand a chance?'

Like a lovesick fool

"I SAID SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Nico screamed, tugging painfully at his hair and trying to cover his ears. He accidentally kicked a tree, causing tears to well up in his eyes.

Where'd you go?

You said you'll never leave me

All alone, my heart is barely beating

Like a ghost you haunt me every day that you're gone

Nico broke down, curled into a fetal position and cried. He sobbed, hugging himself, wishing desperately that [Male name] would come back, would hug him and trail kisses down his neck and fill him with warmth. Without him, he was cold. A shell.