Matsuoka Rin x Male!Reader (Confessions are hard...)

"Alright, I'm expecting some more hard work from you guys. The swim meet is coming up and we must uphold Samesuka's reputation, got it?" Rin said firmly, addressing his team mates. Everyone agreed, nodding their heads and heading off to their lanes, starting their warm-up. Rin glanced around proudly at his team, until his gaze snagged on [Male name]. He was stretching his arms, until he plunged into the water and started doing the freestyle with flawless form.

Rin didn't even realize he was staring until Sousuke snuck up behind him and muttered in his ear.

"Why don't you stop staring and do something about it?"

Rin jumped about a foot in the air and whipped around, his eyes wide. Sousuke smirked.

"You... you knew?" Rin muttered back. His friend rolled his eyes.

"It's hard not to."

"Am I that obvious?"

"Yeah, with the drool pooling out of your mouth and all."

"S-shut up," Rin pouted, turning away. Sousuke huffed.

"Why don't you just grow a pair and ask him out?" he asked.

"Are you kidding me?! He's so oblivious, always saying 'yes, alright captain, anything you say captain'. He won't even call me Rin!" he wailed, drawing some attention. His taller friend forcefully patted his head and ruffled his hair.

"Just do it, you may be surprised," and with that, he walked away, taking care with his shoulder. Rin rolled his eyes and put his goggles on, hopping into the water.

It was time for another long practice.

~~~~~~~~~~Did you catch that subtle meme reference?~~~~~~~~~~

Rin walked into the change room, a towel draped over his neck. He sighed, walking over to his locker expecting to see Nitori there ready to bug him a bit, but instead he was greeted by him.

[Male name] was sitting next to his locker, still in his swimsuit, waiting for Rin. The red haired boy stopped in his tracks, only a few feet away from him.

"W-what are you doing here?" he said, stuttering. [Male name] looked up.

"I don't know, Sousuke told me you had to talk to me about something," he said, unconsciously sweeping his wet hair out of his eyes. Dammit, I'm gonna kill him later, Rin thought, clenching his fists. [Male name] waited expectantly, looking at him curiously.

"Go change first," Rin said, sighing, "I'll meet you outside."

After a few minutes, [Male name] wandered outside of the building, waiting under a tree. He set his bag down, relieved to have some weight off his tired form.

"Oi, come with me," he heard a voice say. He looked to his left and saw Rin a couple meters away, holding a plastic water bottle. [Male name] lifted his bag back onto his shoulders and followed obediently.

"So, where are we off to, captain?" he asked. He noticed Rin stiffen a bit, before returning back to normal.

"I just thought we could... you know... hang out," he said quietly.

"Oh, okay, sure."

The two boys walked in silence for a bit. [Male name] had absolutely no idea where Rin was taking him, but he decided to strike up a conversation.

"So, is this like a date or something?" he said jokingly just as Rin was taking a sip of water. Upon hearing that, he choked and started coughing loudly, pounding his chest with his left hand to try and stop.