Frozen!Prince!Viktor Nikiforov x Male!Reader (Exchange)

[Name] checked his map for the umpteenth time that day. He was terrified of getting lost, since this was his first time out of his village. He drew his cloak closer to his body as the wind picked up a bit, throwing some snow in his face. He flinched from the cold, and shoved his crumpled map into his pocket. He continued on his way, heading north towards the closest kingdom. As he walked, the snow started to gather around his ankles, and eventually he was wading knee deep in snow. [Name] had never seen this much snow before in his life, and trudging through so much of it was proving to be incredibly taxing. The (h/c) haired man stumbled a bit, his legs collapsing underneath him.

"Wha-" He exclaimed, falling face first into the fresh blanket of snow. His arms shook as he struggled to lift himself up, but the backpack on his back suddenly seemed ten times heavier, and it took him much too long to get into a kneeling position. When [Name] tried to stand up, his legs were numb. Panic started to set in, and [Name] threw a glance over his shoulder.

"Shit!" he exclaimed, slapping his thigh in an effort to regain some feeling in his legs. He could still feel a dull pain, so with as much strength as he could muster, [Name] crawled forward, and shakily stood up. He tucked his hands under his armpits, as he was starting to lose feeling in his fingers as well, and started to trudge forwards once more.

"Just gotta make it to the Ice Kingdom..." [Name] muttered between his teeth chattering, "I just need to get away from Uncle..." [Name] kept his head down and kept going, while the storm around him only swirled harder.

~~~~~

Viktor's pale, slender fingers tapped against the oak wood table relentlessly, his other hand under his chin, supporting his head. He was staring out the large, multi-paned window as a squire droned on and on about kingdom reports and plans for his up and coming coronation. Viktor sighed at the thought of even becoming king.

"-and finally, Your Majesty, you have yet to choose someone to be your partner in marriage. Prince Katsuki from the Kingdom of Eros is still waiting for your response."

Viktor pursed his lips in thought. Yuri Katsuki was cute, there was no doubt about it, but he barely knew him, and highly doubted that they would be compatible. He lacked a certain something he was looking for. What that was, he wasn't quite sure yet.

"I'm still deciding. Please tell the prince to wait a bit longer," Viktor said, brushing the request off completely. The squire sighed and wrote something down on his little book. Suddenly, the doors to the large conference room burst open, and Viktor's adopted little brother, Yuri, sauntered in. He brushed some of his long, blond hair behind his ear before speaking.

"Some guy stumbled into the city all frost bitten. They want you to go take a look at him." He said, the usual scowl on his face. Viktor stood up, suddenly nervous. He looked down at his gloved hands, trying to stop them from shaking.

"Who sent for me?" he asked. Yuri raised an eyebrow.

"Who do you think, stupid? The chief healer. Says that the guy will lose something if you don't get there and cure his frostbite." Viktor's composure relaxed a bit, but he still rubbed his palms against his thighs nervously.

"Where is this man?" Viktor asked.

"On the way to the castle."

The white haired male nodded and walked out of the conference hall, making his way towards the main entrance of the castle. He awkwardly stood with his hands behind his back, trying to prepare himself for what he was about to do. After a few moments of silence, the massive mahogany doors of the castle creaked open, letting winter air and snow blow inside. The healer and a team of villagers holding up a makeshift stretcher shuffled inside, and a palace guard closed the large door behind them.