Mettaton Ex x Neko!Male!Reader (Blind Date)

(A/N: Neko!Male!Reader. ;) You're welcome.)

[Male name] hummed to himself as he walked around Hotland, his (h/c) tail swishing back and forth as he strolled. He didn't particularly like the temperature here, but he was visiting his best friend Alphys, so he didn't really have much of a choice. So far, hanging out with her and Undyne had been a blast, but he didn't know if he could handle another episode of "Super Kawaii Neko Girls Volume 2". They kept comparing the girls in the show with him, and so, he left for a short break.

As he was contemplating how similar he did look to a neko girl (but you know, as a guy) he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He fished it out and checked the caller ID.

"Sans...?" [Male name] muttered to himself. He frowned at his cell. The skeleton rarely used his phone; after all, he seemed to have a knack for showing up where he was needed. If he wanted to tell [Male name] something, shouldn't he have just teleported to him? This was probably a prank call. Nonetheless, [Male name] was in the mood for a joke, so he picked up.

"Yo Sans, what's up?" he asked.

"Oh, hey [Male name]. So I've got a little... proposal for you," Sans answered on the other end. [Male name] raised an eyebrow.

"Go on..."

"So I've got this friend, right? Between you and me, he's got a thing for guys, and he's been feeling pretty lonely lately. So I was wondering if you'd go on a date with him?"

[Male name] stayed silent for a whole 10 seconds.

"This is a joke, right?" he finally said.

"What? No, no, I'm being serious for once."

"Hah, that's hard to believe."

"No really, you should go out with him, I promise he's a really nice guy!"

[Male name] sighed and looked up at the rocky ceiling. It's true, he had a thing for guys too, but he didn't want to go on a blind date!

"Who is this guy?" he asked, suspicious.

"Ah... About that... he asked me not to tell you. He said he wanted it to be a surprise," Sans replied. [Male name] shook his head.

"Sans, you can't expect me to go on a blind date," he said, annoyed.

"Come on man, just trust me!" Sans said. He sounded almost desperate. [Male name] let out a huff of air and thought about it.

"Well... Okay, but just this once."

"Awesome! You're the best!"

"You bet I am. Alright, where do I meet this guy, and when?"

"How about Grillby's, at 1 pm?"

"Sure, tell the guy he's got a date."

[Male name] hung up after saying goodbye to Sans and sighed. He was a bit nervous, sure, but he was also a bit excited. He turned around and headed back for Alphys' lab, subconsciously purring on the way there.

~~~~~~~~~~

[Male name] checked his watch for the umpteenth time that day, his tail waving impatiently. It was 1:28 pm, and his 'date' still hadn't shown up yet. He was starting to get tired of waiting. He hadn't really been looking forward to it anyways, and he hadn't even dressed up specially. He ran a hand through his (h/c) locks in annoyance.

[Male name] waved at Grillby, and the fiery bartender and owner walked up to him, his flames crackling merrily.

"Hey Grillby, could I have some milk please?" [Male name] asked politely. He nodded and ducked beneath the counter, bringing up a glass of milk a couple seconds later. [Male name] said his thanks, and was just about to take a sip when he heard the doors to the diner open and gasps fill the entire room. Curious, he turned around, and was not prepared for whom he saw.