Thomas x Male!Reader (Storm Part 1)

A/N: This is set in the Scorch Trials. Not many spoilers, but hey, just sayin'.

[Male name] couldn't even hear the thunder anymore. He could barely even see. The sand swirled around him and the rest of the gladers relentlessly, and despite his best efforts, the grains still got in his eyes and mouth. Lightning flashed around him, the bright light briefly illuminating the others around him, as well as the shelter up ahead. How many had they lost to the storm? How many were left? A numbness creeped up his body at the thought.

The whole situation was just numbing in general. He couldn't hear, could barely see, and his body couldn't feel the wind anymore. It was horrible. And the shelter was only a couple hundred meters away.

Yes, focus on the shelter, and then he would be safe. But a thought crept up on him again.

What if Thomas had been struck down?

He felt that numbness again, only this time he felt panic coming through. What if Thomas got left behind? What if he got lost in the storm and was headed in a completely different direction? What if he was already...? [Male name] frantically shook his head of these thoughts, trying his best to ignore the panic. Lightning flashed again, and for a split second he saw someone only a meter in front of him, before they fell over and the wind pushed them into him, sending both of them sprawling.

[Male name] quickly scrambled to his feet, trying not to get buried or lost. He reached down and hefted the person up. Lightning lit up both of their faces. It was Thomas. He stared, squinty eyed for a heartbeat, before grabbing Thomas' arm, putting it around his shoulder, his panic disappearing. He then grabbed him around the waist, and they set off again, heading back towards the shelter.

Finally, after a couple more minutes, They had reached the small, run down hut. Aris broke the glass door, and everyone climbed in. [Male name] was only dimly aware of the fact that they were safe and out of the storm, before he set Thomas down and collapsed next to him, leaning against one of the walls. His last memory before drifting off to sleep was Newt, dragging a nearly unconscious and burnt looking Minho to their feet, before his vision turned black and he knew no more.

~~~~~~~~~~

He dreamed of the Glade. It wasn't necessarily a nightmare or a good dream, but it was peaceful, and reminded him of the days when things were somewhat normal. In the dream, it had been about a year before Thomas and Teresa arrived. He had been part of the initial group of Gladers that had arrived first. He was the one who helped pull everything together.

He had been strapping a small knife to his hip when Minho approached him. The buff Asian boy was smiling widely like a boy on Christmas day.

"What are you so happy about, shuck face?" [Male name] asked, smiling as well. Minho's grin widened as he pulled [Male name] into a hug.

"Finally, all this hard work, running and making maps every day, it's finally paid off!" Minho exclaimed pulling away. His brown eyes were practically sparkling.

"We found a pattern!" he said, when [Male name] gave him a strange look. The (h/c) haired male's eyebrows raised.

"Seriously? Well it's about time. I've been busting up my lungs for months and now the Maze decides to show us patterns," he said, chuckling. Minho grabbed his wrist and started dragging him towards the planning room.

"We can't waste time talking klunk now, come on!" he said. [Male name] watched himself get dragged away, before once again, his vision went black.

~~~~~~~~~~

He awoke with a small gasp. He still felt exhausted, but his hearing was coming back, and he could make out the slow breathing of his friends. He sighed and rubbed his face, swiping the sand off his cheeks. He sat up straighter, his neck already starting to hurt from the weird position he was sleeping in, and looked around.

His heart sank immediately. There were only twelve people left, including himself. He breathed out a shaky breath. All his close friends were still here, but just thinking of the Gladers that he barely knew, dead or dying outside, made him want to barf. He looked away, instead settling his gaze on Thomas. Instantly he relaxed a little. He even let himself smile a bit as he looked at Thomas' peaceful sleeping face. When he wasn't being a hero or a leader, he was actually very lovable. He hadn't known him for very long, but there was a familiarity to him. As if he knew Thomas before. He probably did, actually, before his memory got wiped and he was sent to the maze, but for now, there was just a pleasant, warm feeling whenever he looked at him.

Before he even realized it, Thomas had opened his eyes and was staring right back at him. Startled and embarrassed, [Male name] looked down at Minho instead, feeling his face get warm. Just how long had he been staring...?

"[Male name]?" Thomas called quietly. [Male name] looked back hesitantly, a nervous smile on his lips.

"Yeah?" he replied, scooting closer. He was still very aware of his flushed cheeks. Thomas smiled at him and scooted closer as well, until their arms were touching.

"Um," [Male name] murmured quietly, "are you okay?"

Thomas nodded, and leaned against his friend, letting his head rest on his shoulder. A smile creeped onto both of their lips, and [Male name] had the irrational desire to hug Thomas.

"My hearing's starting to come back, and I'm exhausted," he replied. [Male name] nodded as his eyes started to get heavy again. Weird thoughts started going through his mind again; he wanted to hug Thomas so badly. Or maybe hold his hand? Or maybe even brush his lips against his softly and see the expression on Thomas' face?

Immediately his eyes snapped open and he tried his best to get those thoughts out. He only had room for thoughts of survival. But the weight of Thomas' head was still present on his shoulder, and while it was a life or death situation, he wanted nothing more but to hold him in his arms and just relax.

"[Male name]?" Thomas murmured for the second time that night. He looked down and realized that Thomas was looking up at him, his eyes half closed and his nose an inch away. He also had the mind to notice that he had unconsciously put his arm around Thomas' shoulder, pulling him closer without him even realizing it.

"Yeah?" he said, not even caring anymore. Thomas smiled sleepily and drew himself up until their lips were a centimeter away. [Male name] could feel his breath fanning across his face. What was going on? Were they this exhausted that both of them didn't even have control of their own bodies anymore? [Male name] tossed that thought out of his mind. He didn't have the energy for wrestling with his own brain.

They stared at each other through the darkness, until Thomas sat up slowly, his lips connecting with [Male name]'s. They both closed their eyes in bliss, enjoying the feeling of each other's lips against their own. It was soft and gentle, yet solid. [Male name] was barely even processing the fact that he was starting to fall asleep again, until a voice startled him and Thomas out of their daze.

"What do you shuck-heads think you're doing?" Minho asked. The expression on his face was livid.

~~~~~~~~~~Author's Note~~~~~~~~~~

OOOOOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIIIIT MINHO IS MAAAAAAAAAAD READER-KUN YOU'D BETTER RUN BEFORE HE FLYING KICKS YOU INTO A WALL

So this is part one of a two part story, just because I love you guys so much. Heads up though, in the next chapter, if you squint you can see some Minho x Male!Reader in it. Just because I love him so much. xD

Okay, see you guys in part two! :P