Chapter 1: First day

Vanessa POV:

Beep Beep Beep

I heard my alarm going off.

Shut up!

I groan, rolling over to turn it off, I close my eyes again and take a deep breath.

Here we go again.

Suddenly, the door burst open and there she is, the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen. Her fluffy and curly hair made her face look tiny. Her brown round eyes glimmer like the stars. Joy tugged at the corners of her lips. Then suddenly my little sister shouts.

"Nessa, it's the first day of school!"

"I know, I know Em" I replied trying to sound as happy as she did.

Rolling over and sitting up on my bed I saw Em trying to find the perfect outfit for her first day of school. Getting up and making my way to the bathroom I ran into my aunt. She looks exhausted and I don't blame her, these past few weeks have been exhausting for everyone including myself. she has been busy with my fathers case and things haven't been easy for her, she is doing everything she can to get my father out of that hellhole, and I try to help when I can but I haven't been that helpful.

"Good morning dear" she said with a smile on her face.

"Good morning aunt Lucy" I murmured smiling back at her.

She took a sip of her coffee and smiled at me. I walked to the bathroom, and before closing the door behind me I heard my aunt say that breakfast will be ready in 20 minutes. Good I am starving!

I did my usual morning routine, than walked back into the room and headed for the closet. Hm, what should I wear today?

I throw on my favorite black jeans, white top and my usual black leather jacket. I am too lazy to style my hair today, so I get my curly long brown hair up to a messy bun.

Good enough, I mean I am not trying to impress anyone.

After getting dressed and ready for my first day at the new school I made my way downstairs to join Emily and Aunt Lucy for breakfast.

Yummy, bacon and eggs my favorite.

I get myself a plate and made my usual morning coffee before joining my Aunt and Emily at the table.

"So, Nessa are you excited for your first day of school?" asked my aunt while taking a sip of her coffee.

"Not really Aunt Lucy" I said honestly.

I'm really not. I mean who like going to a new school? who likes being The New Girl?

"I mean at least you will finally see Daniel" she suggested with a smile on her face.

Aunt Lucy is right. Daniel and I haven't seen each other for almost 2 years after he and his family moved. And now I am finally going to be with him again.

"Em, you're riding with me?" I asked my sister.

"No, Aunt Lucy said I cant" she answered looking a bit down.

"Oh, come on Aunt Lucy, I'm very responsible, I can take care of her and plus back home she would ride with me all the time" I begged my Aunt to let me take Em

"No V, I dont want her riding on your motorcycle, its dangerous" she said getting up.

I get up and walked towards her.

"but-"before I could finish my sentence, I was rudely interrupted by my Aunt.

"V, no buts" she replied.

"Fine, I'll see you at school Em" I said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

My sister and I were always close, she is 2 years younger than me but surprisingly we get along quite well. We became closer after the accident and I always make sure she is okay and save.

I straddled my motorcycle and turned on the ignition, revving the engine, I took a good look at the house before driving off. the drive there was faster than I expected. once I arrived I get off my motorcycle and take off my helmet, I turn around and there it was

Hell!

I notice people staring at me. I groan.

Why are they looking? I mean to be honest I look like a badass but that doesn't give them a reason to literally rape me with their eyes

I get my backpack and make my way toward the front door. I get my phone and called Daniel. After two rings I heard his voice

"What's up V, where you at?" he asked.

"I just got to school; can you show me where the secretary is?"

"I'm on my way, wait for me at the front entrance" he said, turning off the phone before I could say anything.

I put my phone in my back pocket and leaned against the wall waiting for Daniel to come. My heart started to beat faster, and I got nervous suddenly. It has been 2 years since I last saw him at his goodbye party and the next day Daniel and his family were off to another town. But we tried to keep in touch, we would text and call when we could, so I hope things aren't going to be weird now.

After what seemed like an eternity, I saw a door burst open which I assume is the cafeteria door and there he is, Daniel walker, my best friend. He is about 6 feet tall and he has dark brown hair and brown eyes and his smile is honestly magnificent. Behind him are a few other boys wearing the same jacket as he was, the football jacket.

Daniel made eye contact with me and next thing I now I find myself running to him with my arms wide open and a smile from ear to ear.

I missed him so much.

Daniel and I have always been inseparable ever since elementary school. We did everything together.

When I finally got to Daniel, I felt his strong arms wrap around my waist, he picked me up as if I am a feather.

Well, someone sure got stronger!

He finally put me down, and I fell out of breath.

"V I missed you so so so much" I heard Daniel say.

And before I could say anything the school bell interrupted me

"V did you get you schedule yet?" Daniel asked with a smile on his face.

"No, not yet" I answered.

"Come on lets go get it then" he said smiling.

I smile back and off to the secretary we went.

Author's note:

I hope you enjoyed reading this first chapter. keep reading it gets even more interesting