Chapter 2: Fear

Vanessa POV:

After Daniel and I got my schedule we noticed we had the first 3 classes together, which was good. We have a break now and Daniel is showing me around before heading to the cafeteria for lunch.

"So, V where's Emily?" I heard Daniel ask.

Daniel always saw Emily and I as his little sisters and back home he was always there for both of us and sometimes even get into fights for us. He is like a brother to us, a brother we never had.

"Em should be here somewhere" I replied looking around to see if I could find her.

"I didn't see her this morning when I got you at the entrance!" he said.

"oh, I drove my motorcycle to school and Aunt Lucy didn't want her riding with me, so she drove Em to school herself" I said.

"oh, I see, well I hope I see her soon I miss her so much" he said "oh by the way I have something to show you"

Daniel took me to what seemed at first the football field, but then the closer we got I finally saw what Daniel was pointing at. I looked a bit closer and there it was, my favourite thing ever. When I saw it, I just wanted to run, feel the wind blowing on my face, but I knew I couldnt I am too scared. I looked at Daniel and he had a huge smile on his face.

"You still run, dont you?" He asked.

I looked down sadly and whisper "no not anymore"I felt my eyes getting watery, but I brushed it away.

"What why not. When did you stop? Wait no, WHY DID YOU STOP?" I heard Daniel literally yelling causing people around us to look at Daniel as if he was crazy.

"Injuries" I partially lied to Daniel ducking from his interrogative eyes. I know I will have to tell him why I stopped, but not today. Im not ready to talk about that day.

Before he could say anything else, I cut him off

"Shouldn't we go in? I want to get something to eat before classes start again"

"Sure" that all he said before we walked towards the school building again

We were in the cafeteria sitting at a table which was only Daniel and me. After a few minutes, the boys from earlier walked in and came towards us. The boys set at our table and started talking to Daniel. I just stayed quiet and ate my food before Daniel called out my name.

"Vanessa!"

"Yeah" I answered looking up.

"Let me introduce you to the boys" he said, "This is Cole Anderson, the father of the group" He pointed toward a tall, muscular guy with pitch black hair and blue eyes who was sitting next to him.

"Nice to finally meet you Vanessa, Daniel talks about you all the time." he kindly said.

"Oh no please call me V or Nessa" I said smiling back.

"This is Michael Moore, the crackhead" Daniel said pointing toward a well build, tall guy with dirty blond hair and green eyes.

"This is Mason Moore, Michaels twin brother. The more responsible twin" he said laughing while pointing towards a guy who looked completely different then Michael. Mason had dark brown hair and brown eyes and he was build much smaller than Michael and his face was structured differently than his brothers.

"This is Alex. AKA the bad boy. He is very secretive so..." Daniel said pointing toward a handsome light skin guy with beautiful black hair and brown, green-ish eyes.

Those eyes remind me of my mother.

I miss her more than anything.

"And this is Tyler Scott, known as the mean guy, but once you get to know him you'll realise he isn't as bad as people say he is" he said pointing towards a tall and muscular guy with curly brown hair and brown eyes.

He's good-looking

"Everyone meet Vanessa Smith. My childhood best friend as you all know" Daniel Finished.

"Nice to meet you all" I finally replied.

"So, Nessa how did you and Daniel meet?" I heard one of the boys ask

dammit I already forgot his name

"Oh, Danny and I were next door neighbours and ended up going to the same school so we became friends right away." I answered

"Danny?" laughed one of the twins

"Ohh shut up Mason." Daniel replied

"Alright Danny..." he joked

"That's nice, Daniel always talks about you, it was about time we finally met you" One of the guys added

"Boys don't forget practice today" Daniel announced shortly

"Yeah we know" one of the twins replied

I should really learn their names

"Vanessa" I heard someone call from behind me, I turned around and saw my sisters walking with another girl, I'm glad she made friends already

"Em" I said

"Danny!" she cheered running to where Daniel was sitting and wrapped him into a tight bear hug

"Hey Muffin, I missed you so much" Daniel said to my sister hugging him back

"I missed you more Danny" she said pulling away

"Oh my- you are getting older Em, will you stop growing and stay my little muffin forever" Daniel joked

"No matter how old I get, I'll always be your little muffin" she answered with a smile on her face

"Good" he replied laughing

"Emily, we need to get to class" we heard my sister's friend say she hugged both Daniel and I and left with her friend

"She is honestly so adorable" Daniel said and the boys agreed with her

"She is" I said

Honestly half way through my first day and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought I would end up sitting by myself and being called the weird kid which honestly I don't mind, but being with Daniel and his friends is much better.

I'm so happy I finally got to see Daniel again.

Authors note:

Thank you for reading, the next chapter will be uploaded shortly and I hope you enjoy reading.

Runningजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें