Chapter 24: The 3 Musketeers

Vanessa POV:

"What can the pin possibly be?" I asked Daniel frustrated.

"Have you tried your birthday?" he asked.

"No shit Sherlock, I've tried everything nothing works" I whined

"Sorry I'm just frustrated" I apologised.

Ring ring

The school bell rang.

Fantastic now I have Math, my favourite. This day couldnt possibly get any worse

"Vanessa!" I heard someone yell my name from behind me

I recognise this voice

I turn around and I wasnt wrong

The devil itself

"Asher?" I said sounding annoyed

Which dont get me wrong I was

"I really can't believe I'm doing this, but Coach said you taking over practice for the rest of the week, she told me to ask you to help me with my starts. So will you help me?" she asked

Is it just me or she is being too nice? Am I dreaming or maybe even dead? Asher is actually being nice

"Yeah sure" I replied sounding really confused

I turn around and make my way to Math. When I got to class I walked to my usual desk and set down waiting for this day to just be over.

After a few minutes Tyler walked in. He walked over and set at his usual spot.

"hey, Nessa have you found anything?" asked Tyler

"no, I haven't!" I coldly answered

"whoa are you okay V?" asked Tyler sounding worried

I look up and look at Tyler. He looked distressed

"oh sorry I'm just tired" I whispered taking a deep breath

Math class went on and I could feel Tyler looking at me.

"hey do you want to come over after school so we can figure out the pin with Daniel?" I found myself asking in the middle of the lesson, a little too loud if you may ask, causing half the class to look at me confused.

"sure, I'll be there" Tyler suddenly replied.

"okay girls listen up... Coach put me in charge as she will be absent for the rest of the week. I'm here to help you get better ... So is there anything you guys want to focus in?" I asked the track and field athletes .

"Yeah, starts." I heard one of the girls say

Practise went on and the girls are getting better they're working hard and their starts and finishes are becoming stronger. The girls have been working really hard for the past few weeks and it had been improving and I'm happy to see them improve.

Today went by fast. It is now the end of the day and I'm making my way home where in a few hours I'll be meeting with Tyler and Daniel so we can figure out the pin.

It's around 4:30pm when I heard a knock on my door

"Come in" I yelled, suddenly my door bursts open and there they were Daniel Walker and Tyler Scott.

"So, do you have anything?" asked Daniel sitting beside me. Behind him was Tyler who stood at the door.

"you know you can come in, right?" I reminded Tyler

"Yeah, I know" he responded walking in. he pulled the chair and sat right in front of me.

"What can the pin possibly be, have you tried your birthday? Your mums birthday? Emily's birthday? Their anniversary? Your grandparents birthday" ... asked Tyler

"that's it" I said grabbing the book and put in my parents anniversary hoping that it would unlock ... But it didn't

"Okay ... Let's think" Said Daniel.

"I mean whatever is in there has something to do with why your father is in prison... Maybe even what happened to your mom" Tyler said.

"my mom ... That's it" I yelled grabbing the book once again hoping the pin would work this time. I took deep breaths and put 10 August 2016 the day my mother passed away.

Surprisingly it worked ... The book opened.

"What was it V?" asked Tyler

"The day my mom died" I whispered.

I opened the book, there it was a opened ancient paper book with a hole in a middle.

"What's in it V?" asked Daniel

"It it looks like a hard drive" I said reaching carefully to removed the black hard drive that was hidden inside the book.

"What are you waiting for V? get your Laptop" I heard Tyler say.

I rushed to my study desk with the hard drive and plugged it in my laptop. Once I opened it, 3 different files came up

V.S, family, Scorpions

"Whoa!" I heard Daniel say from behind me.

"The Three Musketeers have discovered something!" I heard Daniel say once again.

The Three Musketeers? Focus Nessa!

Reading those names made me feel angry and sad the same time I wanted to open it and find out what happened, but I couldn't find myself to do so. Why?

"Do you need some time alone?" asked Tyler from besides me.

"No, you help me find it so now we open it together" I said looking at Tyler and Daniel.

I take a deep breath and open Smith families file first to see if there was anything to do with my moms murder. I clicked open the file and what I saw made me happy... In the file was pictures of me, Emily, my mom and my father. pictures I haven't seen in a while.

I close that file and make my way to the Scorpions file leaving the worse V.S for last. Opening the scorpion's files I see some pictures of my father and some of the scorpion members, I see my father in some events as well, he seemed happy the deeper I got the more information I found. I found a few copies of emails my father sent to the scorpions asking for help after my mother was murdered but they refused to help. There wasn't much evident in the Scopions as I expected as they weren't the ones that murdered my mother.

Moving on ... V.S, I took a deep breath before clicking on the file. Once the file opened many different documents popped up. Some emails exchange between my father and Vladimir, there were threats saying that if my father didn't do as he was told they're going to kill his family and there's nothing that scorpions can do.

Reading that made my heart ache, my father was trying to protect us. but now he can't and neither will the Scorpions

Emily and I are in danger, but I won't let anything happen to her. I need evidence that my father was framed, I need to speak to the boss of The Scorpions and I somehow need to beg him for protection and help.

"Woah that's a lot of information, what's the plan V?" asked Daniel.

"I don't know" I answered truthfully.

Author's note:

what do you think she should do with that?