Chapter 28: My brother

Vanessa POV:

"pick up, pick up" I said out loud.

You've reached Tylers phone. You know what to do

Shit

Pick up, pick up

"Hey Vanessa?" I heard him say at the other end of the phone.

"Daniel, meet me at my house, I'm on my way back." I said turning my phone off and drove away. I sped away as fast as I could back home. the drive there seemed long

you know when you are late or in a hurry everything seems to take so long especially is your driving

"What's up Nessa?" he asked.

"Did you hear from Tyler yet?" I asked out of breath.

"No, not yet."

"Hop on!" I said

"Why? Where are we going?" he asked.

"Just don't ask questions please, jump get on" I explained and he did as he was told. The drive there was faster than I thought.

"What are we doing here?" he asked.

"I need to tell you both something" I replied.

"What if he isnt here?" he asked.

"What if he is?" I said annoyed.

I walk to the front entrance and ring the bell, hoping he was home. After a few seconds Mrs Scott opened the door.

"Vanessa, what brings you here?" she asked.

"Sorry to disturb. Is Tyler home?" I asked.

"Yeah, he is in his room" she said moving aside so Daniel and I could walk in

"Thank you!" I said running up the stairs to Tylers Room followed by Daniel.

I knocked at the door, but no one opened. Fuck it I'm going in. I opened the door and walked in. I saw Tyler sitting on his bed with his headphones on. The music was so loud that I could hear it from the other end of the room.

"Tyler!" I yelled catching his attention.

"Vanessa?" he asked taking off his headphones.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I need to tell you two something really important." I explained sitting next to him. Daniel get's the chair and sit's in front of us. I took a deep breath before explaining everything.

"I went to visit the Scorpions as you knew already. I found out that they have a new Boss, my old friend. I asked him to help, and at first, he denied it but after some convincing he told me he will take the hard drive to the FBI and they will sort everything out keeping the Scorpion name out of it. They will also protect Emily, my aunt and I." I explained out of breath.

"That's good Nessa!" Tyler cheered

"It is, it's fantastic!" I said.

"He also told me he knows my brother. He knew him but he didn't know he was my brother. He showed me a picture and told me his name"

"Who is it? Do you know him?" Daniel asked.

"Unfortunately, yes it's Alex" I finished

"Alex who?" Tyler asked with a perplexed look on his face.

"Our Alex, Alex in the football team" I replied.

"Are you sure?" Tyler asked in disbelieve.

"Yeah, I know what I saw. And I took a picture as well" I said taking out my phone and showing the boys the picture.

"Holy crap it's him" Daniel said.

"I know" Tyler agreed.

"This is so messed up" I heard Daniel whisper

"Yeah, it is. But it all adds ups. The first time I met Alex his eyes just they reminded me of my mom, you said he is Russian, and he has the Viper tattoo and I know for a fact he lied to me when I asked what it meant." I explained.

"What are you going to do?" Daniel suddenly asked.

"Nothing!" I replied

"What do you mean nothing? You have to do something" he disagreed.

"Danny, no I can't. I promised Luca I wasn't going to do anything stupid. Because if he knows I'm his real sister and if I start ignoring him or if I say something they might go after me or even my family. For now, we do nothing until Luca tells us what to do" I explained.

"Wait Luca? Like the Luca we grew up with?" Daniel asked

"Yeah that Luca" I replied

"He's the new boss?" Daniel asked confused

"Yeah!" he is I replied

"I didn't know he was also part of a Mafia. what the hell? I grew up surrounded by Mafia people and I only found that out a few months ago" he took a deep breath "I don't like him, ever since he broke-"

"Daniel, he is trying to help" I cut him off

"but I don't trust him and neither should you" he answered

"He is the only person who can protect me and my family at this point."

"Daniel, she has a point. If they are as dangerous as she said and if they find out someone told her they might kidnap her or even worse. And this Luca dude is the only one who can help her" Tyler said

"Okay good point. So, we just act as if we know nothing?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, we just need to keep an eye on him. Just to make sure he doesn't already know and is after us. The scorpions will protect me, as long as you two are with me during school you are safe too" I finished.

"Alright!" the boys agreed.

Ring, Ring, Ring

We heard the school bell ring.

"We better get to class boys" I said "and remember keep your mouth shut and act normal" I explained.

They both nodded and off to class we go. We have English now and its a class were Alex, Tyler, Daniel, Cole and I go to together. We walked to class all together and set at our usual spots, mine was between Cole and Alex.

"Hey, Nessa are you still coming tonight?" Cole asked.

"Yeah of course!" I replied. " as long as I get to eat I'll always be there" I said laughing, trying to act as normal as I could

"Good!" Alex said

Author's note:

do you think Vanessa is doing the right thing? I guess we need to find out

get ready for chapter 29