Chapter 27: The Scorpions

Vanessa POV:

Tyler left to see his sister and we still haven't heard of him, and I'm starting to get worried. He left in a hurry and looked scared. I hope Tessa is alright.

"Daniel, tomorrow can you pick up Emily and take her to school. I have to go and find the Scorpions" I said

"Okay, should I come with just in case something happens?" he asked.

"No, I'll be fine. I don't want to put you or Tyler in more danger than you already are. Don't let anything happen to Emily please" I explained.

"I promise" he responded.

Beep, beep, beep

I heard my alarm go off, it's time.

I roll over and got ready. I made my way downstairs and told Emily that Daniel will pick her up. I explained that I have to go somewhere else and she promised she won't tell Aunt Lucy I didn't go to school. I get on my motorcycle and start my trip. The way there I couldn't stop thinking about my brother

Who is he?

Why didn't my mom tell me?

Why did Vladimir want her dead is he knew they have a kid together?

Is it because my mom chose my dad over him? But why wait 16 years to do it?

Once I arrived at the house, where the Boss hides. I got off my motorcycle and had a good look at the abandoned house that stood in front of me. From the outside, the house was tall and small, built of huge dark grey blocks, all of which had a rough feeling of cracking cement. Climber Plants grew up a house winding around the drainpipes, catching the little sunlight that entered this desolate location. The windows shrieked violently from the whining noise, as if they were about to fall out of the frames made of rotting wood that had been eaten away by wood worms. A few potted plants lie beside the entrance, once there for a tidy appearance, now wilted and brown, almost certainly dead. Maybe the door had been left ajar for several years, or maybe someone was still in there. Hopefully he is.

I took a deep breath and knock at the door 3 times. I tall and ginormous guy opened the door for me.

"What do you want?" he asked.

"I came to see your boss" I explained.

"He isn't here" he answered.

"Well I have all day, so I'll wait inside." I confirmed. Trying to walk inside the house but he blocked my way.

"No!" he said not letting me in

"Is Luca there?" I asked, loud enough so the people inside can hear me.

"Who's asking?" I heard someone ask from behind the security.

"This young lady came looking for the boss the security guard" said moving aside reviling the one and only Luca D'Angelo

"Vanessa Rose Smith" I heard him say with his Italian accent

"Luca D'Angelo!" I said.

"Let her in!" he told the security. And the man moves aside and letting me in. I followed Luca as he told me to.

We got to a room, which I recognise used to be his fathers office, but he isn't here.

"Please, take a sit" he said.

I set down and tired to calm myself down.

"So, Nessa what bring you here?" he asked.

I took a deep breath.