Chapter 5: Diamond League 2017

Vanessa POV:

It's now my second week of school. The first week went by so fast, faster than I expected. The boys and I got to know each other better, I mean some of the boys. Throughout the first week I never had a conversation with Tyler or Alex even though we sat together at lunch and had some classes together we just never seem to talk and I have still been having those nightmares and losing sleep

"hey V!" I heard Cole say bringing me out of my deep thoughts.

"did you hear what we said?" Mason asked.

"oh, no sorry I wasn't listening" I replied shyly

"the Moore twins are having a movie night this Friday, wanna come?" Daniel asked.

"I don't know, I don't really like being around a lot of people" I answered truthfully.

"It's just going to be us. We do this once a month, it's when the boys and I get together and we just watch sports and play games than all of us end up spending the night" said Cole.

"what does she even know about sports, she's just a girl" I heard Tyler teasing

What the hell does he mean with she's just a girl? Is this guy being serious right now?

okay Vanessa take a deep breath, we don't want to get explained again for breaking someone's nose do we? I said to myself taking a deep breath

"Don't take it personal, he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed" Cole said looking at Tyler dead in the eyes

"I know more than you think, might not be about football but I sure know about my track and field athletes" I replied to Tyler.

"Track and field huh?" assured Tyler with a smirk on his face.

"Dude V is the best; you should see her run and do long jump" yelled Daniel.

"Boys how about we change things a little and instead of watching Football as we always do, we can watch Track and field" suggested Mason.

"Cool" I heard Daniel, Michael and Cole agree.

Friday finally came and the boys and I were at the Moore twins house. We played video games and ate a bunch of unhealthy food and now we were just playing 21 questions.

"So, V you got a boyfriend?" Alex asked.

"No, I have no time for that" I answered.

"I see" thats all Alex said.

The game went on for a few minutes and I got to know the boys more and more. Then suddenly, Mason asked a question which made me freeze.

"So, V where are you parents? I heard you love with your aunt" asked Mason.

I suddenly felt like I wanted to cry. my heart ached as I thought about those horrible nights.

"V its okay you dont have to answer that" Daniel whispered next to me. I took a deep breath and looked at Mason.

"my mom died about a year ago, and my dad is in jail" I finally said. Michaels face suddenly turned pale as if he had seen a ghost. Before he could say anything, Tyler cut him off.

"Hey V Im waiting you said we were going to watch track and field" he said while getting up and walking towards the tv.

"IAAF Diamond League 2017?" I asked.

And now we were all sitting in the living room watching Diamond League

"V did you know that Tyler also did Track and field?" I heard Cole asking.

"you did?" I asked Tyler.

"yeah 2 years ago" he replied not even looking away from the TV.

"why did you stop?" I found myself asking.

"I chose football" he said still looking at the TV.

Rude, he doesn't even look at someone when having a conversation?

"Okay" I said

"V who's you favourite?" Cole asked.

"Honestly, I have way too many" I said looking at Cole. He looked at me and said "go on."

"Okay males I like Usain Bolt, Christian Coleman, Justin Gatlin, Noah Lyles, Akani Simbine and Wayde Van Niekerk. Females I like Shelly-ann Pryce, Miller Uibo, Asher Smith, Ta Lou and Caster Semenya and the list goes on and on" I said while laughing and their faces.

"Holly crap, you sure know your track and field athletes dont you?" I heard Cole say.

"Aka who and Van who??" I heard Alex say looking confused and shook.

"Akani Simbine and Wayde Van Niekerk, South African athletes. Akani does 100 meters and Van Niekerk does 400meters. He's the one that just broke the 400meters record in the 2016 Olympics" I said proudly.

"wow you are more of a sport freak then we are" I heard Alex whisper.

"Alright, who do you think will break the 200m record? Christian Coleman or Noah Lyles?" Tyler asked and surprisingly this time he actually looked at me

"Dude, that's not even a questions, it's definitely going to be Noah. I mean have you seen him run? the world record is 19.19 seconds and at the age of 20 he is already running 20.00 seconds imagine how fast he will be in a few years" I explained

"And the 100m?" Tyler asked

"I still think it's Noah" I answered

"Very well, I guess you do know your track and field" he added turning back to the tv.

"Alright, I just have to ask. Vanessa how old is Emily?" Alex asked

"Too young, stay away from her or I'll stab you with a damn needle till you die and then I'll bury you in your own backward" I replied looking him dead in the eye

"Alright. if I ever go missing you know where to look first" he joked

"Yeah, we don't want anyone else ending up in hospital" Tyler said giving Alex a dead stare

okay, what was that?

"Alright, so should we watch a movie?" Mason asked trying to break the tension between Tyler and Alex

"Horror?" Cole asked

"Horror sounds good" Michael said

Authors note:

Tyler and Vanessa are starting to get along but what do you think happened between Tyler and Alex?

keep reading to find out!