Confronting the Past

Rose P.O.V:

The drive home was silent. I wanted to say something but for some reason I couldn't find any words to describe my feelings.

'I know Jungkook is hurting so why did I confess? Damn it...' I thought to myself as I bit my lip in frustration.

"How do you feel...?" I finally asked Jungkook. It was silent for a few seconds, maybe up to a minute. Every second felt so long I couldn't tell.

"Rose..." Jungkook said in almost a whisper.

"Y-yeah?" I replied. Again, another what felt like a long silence.

"You know her don't you?"

My heart skipped a beat and my eyes started shaking. I didn't know what to say. It's like I feel like I did back then but my memories say otherwise. I can't remember anything about Lisa in my head.

"I don't know her." I answered him.

"Hm.... is that so?" He said rhetorically.

"If I did I would've said something so-"

"Rose?" Jungkook looked over at me. I was frozen. It's like my lungs ran out of air and I couldn't regain any of my breath. It hurts.

Jungkook parked the car and unbuckled his seatbelt in a hurry. He ran out his door over to my side and opened the door. He unbuckled my seatbelt and pulled me out. I couldn't stand so he leaned me on the car and held my face so he could examine me. I can see the panic in his eyes.

'I'm sorry Jungkook... I'm such a burden aren't I?' I thought to myself. 'I can't breathe. IT HURTS.'
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Jungkook's lips left mine and I could breathe again. I lift my hand up to my lips as I take deep breaths to regain my strength and stand on my own. After realizing what just happened I blushed and didn't know what to say.

"Why are you blushing... it wasn't like that." He said.

"S-sorry. You had to do something like that to help me... I'm sorry." I replied.

He looked to his side away from me and scratched his head before saying, "Stop saying sorry so much. You'll only put me in an awkward situation. Plus you probably would've passed out if I didn't do that. It wasn't anything more." He explained.

"I know..." I looked down and bitterly smiled to myself.

"What was that anyways?" He asked.

"I think... I think I do know her." I said. "I just need to confront my past to really find out if I do."

"Confront? Did you lose your memories or something? How did that happen?" He asked.

"I didn't tell you huh? I was in a car crash before entering high school here. It's a miracle I survived. I sustained brain damage, broken ribs, a dislocated shoulder, broken knees and shins, and a shrapnel of the car was close to... well yknow. The doctor said I have short term amnesia and said that that was the luckiest case." I explained to him.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't realize you've been through all that."

"It's okay, I'm fine now. It's just my memory is really hazy."

"You don't have to force yourself. It doesn't really matter to me, I was just curious. I'm more concerned about you." He said. I looked him on the eyes when he said that and I could really feel that he meant it. That enough was enough to make me happy and smile.

'Ah damn it... I really do love him.' I thought to myself. I shook my head and looked back at him.

"No I want to help you. Forget what I said earlier at the mall... Sana needs you more than I do." I say to him with determination. His eyes wince a bit in pain but he smiles sadly at me.

"Thank you for realizing my feelings back there." He says to me. I smile back even if it hurt me to my core and crushed me.

'If only I could've met you before her... just maybe then...' I clapped my face with both my hands to break that thought and steeled myself.

In order to look towards the future with no regrets...

I need to confront my past.

I take a deep breath and smile once more at Jungkook's worried face.

"Okay." I said.

"I'm ready."