Baseball And Basketball

~To The Story~

A few weeks have gone by and the rainy season has ended. You thought your crush on Karma would fade by now, but it hasn't... In fact, it's gotten bigger because the two of you have been spending more time together. Having feelings for him was something you never expected to happen. You didn't tell anyone about your crush and just kept it to yourself.

"The rainy season's finally over!" Sugino stretched his arms in the air, basking in the sunlight. You, Nagisa, Karma and Sugino are walking together to school. By this time of the year, everyone wore the summer uniforms for school.

"It's starting to get hot." Nagisa pointed out.

"The season for outdoor activities. How about we go have fun somewhere outside?" Sugino suggested.

"Sure. What do you want to do?" Nagisa asked.

"How about fishing?" Karma threw in a suggestion.

"Sounds good," Nagisa liked the sound of that. "What's there to catch right now?"

"Summer is the season for fresh delinquents. Let's use Nagisa-kun as bait to catch the ones that try to shake him down and fleece them instead." Karma had a devilish evil smile, with his evil horns.

You could already see poor Nagisa being the bait and being chased by some scary delinquents.

"I never knew delinquents were seasonal." Nagisa sweat dropped

"Yeah-- We're not doing that, Karma." You said.

You four continue to walk by a baseball diamond.

"What do you feel like, Nagisa and (y/n)?" Sugino asked.

"The beach?" Nagisa suggested.

"I love the beach." You said.

Sugino suddenly stopped walking making you three stops as well and turn to him to see what was wrong. Sugino kept his eyes on the baseball game that was happening on the other side of the fence. You recognized one of the baseball player's faces from the main campus. Kazutaka Shindo, he is the baseball captain of the club.

"Hey, Sugino, it's you! Long time no see." The baseball captain greeted when he noticed the boy.

Sugino seemed hesitant, but forced out a smile and said "Hey!" And walked over to the fence.

"What gives? You should come to say hi once in a while." One of the baseball players says.

"Nah, it'd be kind of awkward," Sugino said sheepishly.

"You're pitching in next week's ball game tournament, right?" A baseball player asked Sugino.

"Oh, I guess it hasn't been decided yet but I think I like to," Sugino responded.

"We'll be looking forward to it!" Sugino and his old teammate did a fist pump.

"Sure thing!"

"But man, I envy, Sugino."

"You're in E Class, so you get to goof every day. We've got school work and the club, we're running on fumes." Another baseball player says.

'We work hard too, geez." You thought annoyingly.

Sugino didn't seem to like the fact that his teammates think of E class as an easy class. He tilted his head down prematurely.

"Knock it off, that's not nice." Shindo came into the group. "Judging both schoolwork and extracurricular at a prep school isn't something you have to do unless you're one of the chosen."