Kunugigaoka's Festival

~To The Story~

The fish tank was running smoothly, and the water inside was clear and clean. Everything seems to be okay... except... the golden orange colour fishes weren't moving whatsoever. They were all just lifelessly floating there.

Karma, with a passive stare, kept eyeing the dead goldfishes while holding a soda can he was previously drinking from.

"...Please tell me you guys are sleeping."

They definitely weren't sleeping.

"You killed our fishy kids!!" You cried after Karma gave you the bad news of the goldfish's death. You were wearing your usual school uniform, except you had your apron on.

You and Karma were outside of you the old campus getting ready for the annual Kunugigaoka's Festival which you and your class have been vigorously preparing for this past week.

"I did not," Karma calmly defended, ignoring the odd glances from a few of his classmates who were setting up the desks and chairs outside. "They were goldfishes we got from the festival, so obviously they weren't gonna last long."

"I know... buuuut." You pouted like a child.

"Awe, don't make that face," Karma tenderly patted your head. "I'll buy you new fishes. Or we can get a shark? That sounds cool."

"No." You shook your head. "It's fine. So sad that they died.... boo hoo."

"I can't believe you're getting this attached to a few goldfishes." Karma gave you a lazy smile

"They were our kids." You sobbed comically.

"I don't remember signing any adoption papers." He deadpan.

It was then Nakamura came by. "Geez, Karma, your girlfriend is crying, could you at least hug her?" Your friend took your arm and embraced you into a hug, your head landing on her chest.

"(Y/n)-chan get's flustered when I hug her in front of other people," Karma stated.

"I wouldn't mind if everyone didn't stare at us." You grouched.

Also, you felt like any intimacy you and Karma do should be in private. Holding hands is fine, but hugging and kissing were out of the question.

"So modest." Nakamura patted your head like a dog. "Even though you're the school's idol, you try not to be the center of attention. I admire you for that."

"I didn't even want to gain any popularity in the first place." You say sheepishly.

"By the way, what's this about goldfishes?" Nakamura asked, eyeing down on you.

"My pet goldfishes died." You pouted, Nakamura was still hugging you.

"Aw, did the big bad red wolf eat them?" Nakamura's words were meant to tease Karma but her tone was meant to comfort you.

"If I was gonna use those goldfishes for something I would use them for a nefarious purpose and not as a snack."

"How the hell do you use goldfishes for nefarious things?!"

Karma gave you a cheeky grin.

Nakamura pulled you away. "Alright, enough mopping!" Your friend stretched your cheeks to force a smile on you. "You need to put on a pretty face. Some guys from the main campus may show up so you need to be happy in order to attract more!"

You drooped your shoulders.

"Nakamura, don't use my girlfriend for advertisement purposes. Especially to attract guys." Karma said to her with an unenthusiastic tone as your blonde friend let go of your cheeks.