Scarlet

Warning!! This chapter contains a scene that is slightly more mature than in other chapters. I'll give another warning when the scene shows up. For now, enjoy the chapter.

~To The Story~

It kept snowing quietly around you and Karma as the two of you sat on the swing set, and eyes locked on one another. Karma took a lot longer to answer your question than normally. You in the meantime had casually wander your eyes to the side, still waiting for him to say something. That was then you realized what you said seconds ago.

Your whole face exploded into a bright red colour. 'WAIT, WHAT DID I SAY?!' You screamed in your head.

"What?" Karma genuinely looked like he didn't know what you said, staring at you with that poker face and raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing! Nothing!" You frantically waved your hands. 'What is wrong with me?! Why did I say that?! Out of all things, WHY DID I SAY THAT?!'

"Oh, okay." Karma scratched the back of his head. 'I guess I'm hearing things... Geez, my stupid dirty mind is making me hear stuff like that from her.'

"I was just gonna ask if you wanted a cake for your birthday?" You stiffened up, cheeks all red as you tried not to look at him.

'Oh, she only wanted to talk about my birthday? I guess I am hearing things.' Karma thought. "I don't mind, but aren't you gonna eat it all?" Karma chuckled

"....." You were silent. '....Didn't he hear me?' You wondered. "Karma, didn't you hear me?"

"Huh? You asked if I wanted a cake for my birthday."

"N-No, not that... Uhhhh." You avoided his gaze again, pressing your hands against your cheeks. "N-Never mind." You cleared your throat. "So is strawberry cake okay with you?"

"Yeah, that's fine." Karma's lips twitched into a smile.

'So Karma really didn't hear me?' You wondered. If he were to hear you, you know he wouldn't be acting calm and carefreely. Wait. Would he have said yes to your offer?! The thought made your head spin. Sure you and Karma have talked about making love before but you would have never guessed that you'd be the one to bring it up! Nor did you think the topic will come up again so soon.

"Hey, are you okay--" Karma reached out to grab your hand, but winced when he felt how icy they were. "Geez, your hands are freezing."

"O-Oh. I didn't plan to stay out for long so I didn't wear any gloves."

Karma stood up and pulled you up with him. "I don't want you getting sick, so I'll take you home now."

Your heart wouldn't stop bouncing aggressively. It seems like you couldn't get over at what you said. The only thing that was keeping you cool was the frosty winter air.

"O-Okay." You mumbled, you let him take your hand and the two of you began walking side by side towards your house.

"Will the cake be the same one you gave me back the first month you came to class 3-E?"

"No, this time It'll be homemade." Little by little you were starting to calm down. What made it easier to forget about your bold offer was the fact that Karma didn't hear you. If he did... then what? What would you say then? Laugh it off and play it as a joke?... Or would you go along with it... it's not like you don't want to sleep with him--

You pushed away those thoughts to stop yourself from blushing. You kept your mind occupied by focusing on your walk with Karma.

Once arriving at the front of your house you both stopped right there. But you didn't open the door because you wanted to say something to Karma.