Forgotten Smiles (Part 2)

Fanart done by a Quotev user.

~To The Story~

You were alone.

That was the first thing you felt when you woke up.

Your child's eyes were staring at the ceiling with a blank stare, you blinked a few times. Without the life coming into your eyes, at a slow pace, you sat up. Your mouth opened to call out someone but didn't. Your mouth closed again. Who were you going to call? You felt like you need to call out someone, but don't remember.

Your mind was blank. Nothing was coming to your memory.

You were in a children's hospital room but didn't recognize it at that time. It was too dark.

You started to sob. You were confused. Where were you? You didn't know? Why are you alone? Your body started to tremble, you get the feeling you were supposed to run away.

Your crying wouldn't stop.

In the middle of your crying, the door opened and the lights turned on, lighting up the room.

"Oh, you woke up!" It was the voice of a woman. A nurse. The nurse frantically made your way. "Hey, it's okay." She cooed, placing a tender hand on your back. "Don't cry. You're safe now."

You still kept crying despite the nurse's kind gentle words. You were just a kid, so you couldn't comprehend anything. It was almost like you were a newborn child.

You didn't know how long it took you, but you eventually stopped crying. The only reason you stopped was because of the crying tired you out. When you weren't crying, you just kept quiet. You seem pretty hazy about everything and just sat on your bed like a doll.

Why was nothing coming into your mind? Why does it feel like you forgot something important? What's this feeling of you wanting to run away?

There was a doctor who was in charge of taking care of you, but looking back at it, you hardly remember his face. You don't even remember his name. He was nice to you, that much you can remember.

"Hello, (y/n), how are you feeling?" The doctor greeted you kindly, sitting next to your bed, along with the nurse who tried to calm you down.

.........(Y/n)?

Your eyes slowly went to the man speaking. "(Y.....(y/n)? Is... is that my name?" You asked, uncertainly. Saying your own name sounded alien-like, yet, it was the first thing that felt familiar to you since you woke up.

For you, at this condition, you felt a little odd to hear someone addressing you by a name you don't even remember.

The nurse and the doctor took questioning glances at each other.

"Yes," the doctor says to you. "That is your name. Um, (y/n), what else you do you remember?" The doctor asked cautiously.

Remember?

Your empty eyes gazed up at the ceiling. "I...." Your dry lips moved as you spoke. "I don't know..." Was all you can say. Every time you try to think back to a previous time in your life, nothing showed up. Your mind was blank.

"Hm." The doctor hummed with a thoughtful expression.

With your mind still hazy at that time, so you don't remember your times in the hospital. There are some things you do remember and that is pretty vivid.

While you were at the hospital, you spent a lot of time in your room. It had cartoonist animal paintings on the wall, and some of the furniture here looked like for kids. Whenever you did leave your room, you always saw other little kids lingering. You try to play with the other kids since you didn't like being all by yourself in your room.