The Prince You Wanted

~To The Story~

You dropped your keys as you just stared at Karma with widening eyes, your school bag that was on your shoulder slowly started to fall off your shoulder, and land right on the ground next to your feet. Your lips were parted, your head felt like it was spinning. You felt the weight of your heart, it swelling like crazy after the confession you were given.

Did you hear him right? Did he use the L-word on you?!

He didn't say he liked you, he didn't say you were his best friend, he straight up said that he is in with love you. Karma Akabane, the most violent, sadistic, troublesome person you have ever met was confessing his love to you.

One of the school's delinquents was finally confessing to the school's idol.

"Wh...what?"

Karma was about to turn around. "Well, that's all I wanted to say." He headed off. "See you at school tomorrow." Leaving with that he walked off.

"Huh?" You snapped out of it. "Wait!" You called out, running towards him. You grabbed his arm, stopping him from leaving and making him look over his shoulder to see you. "Do you have any idea what you just said to me?!"

"Um, I said that I'm in love with you," Karma said again, sounding confused. "I don't know about you but I think that was pretty straightforward."

"Yeah, I know what you said!!" Your voice rose to the roof. "But why are you saying that so casually!?!? Is this some sort of joke you're pulling on me again?! 'Cause if it is then I swear Karm-"

"It's not a joke," he cut you off. There was silence. Slowly, you looked straight into his eyes. He was being serious. Not a hint of playfulness in his tone. He meant it, he loves you. You slowly let go of his arm, while you two still lock gaze while you were still trying to process all of this.

'What could I have possibly done to make him fall for me?!'

Karma turned around when you let go of his arm. "Sorry it came out so casually, I'm not good with romance."

You couldn't believe this was happening. Yes, you were happy that Karma confessed to you, despite it not being the most romantic confession, but still, it came from him. But what were you going to do with his confession?

"Karma," you sighed deeply, racking your hair back. "Why did you confess to me? Do you have any idea what kind of position you put me in?! You think just 'cause you confess to me I'll leave Asano and come running into your arms!?"

"A part of me was hoping that, yes," Karma admits. You covered your face with your hands and tilted your head down, pondering on what to do now.

"Hey, look at me." He lightly knocked on your head with the joint of his finger. With hesitation, you uncovered your face and made eye contact with Karma's gorgeous mercury eyes. "I'm not asking you to break up with Asano-kun or anything, that would be selfish of me."

"Then why did you confess to me?"

He smiled at you. "Cause I at least wanted to let you know how I feel, and I just couldn't hold it in anymore." You avoided his eyes and felt your heart melt at his confession, but your face was sad. You didn't want to reject him, you want to be with him. "Aw, don't give me that look, are you really that upset about rejecting me?" Karma was acting his laid back cool self, with his playful smile.

Karma knew he would get rejected, so he tries to play the cool guy for your sake.

"Why are you taking rejection so lightly?" You ask with hurt in your eyes.