twelve

────────────────────

"HUH? REINER IS HERE?" connie cocked his eyebrows up, crossed his arms and slanted his hips to one side. you just bobbed your head as an answer to his question, looking over at him. "psh, i didn't know he was close to them."

"he's not, his friend is," eren says, all eyes now on him after he spoke. "his friend annie is close to petra somehow, and she invited reiner who invited historia."

"i don't want to sound mean but.." jean started, earning the attention of everyone. he seemed worried, but you all gestured for him to say whatever he wanted to tell to you all, "don't you guys think historia is kind of dense for not noticing how nice reiner is treating her? like too nice?"

you all glanced at each other before looking back at jean.

"s—she's a nice girl, i—i'll admit!" jean faltered, his cheeks turning pink and both of his hands raised up as if he was caught. "but still, don't you guys think?"

"dude, his crush on her is so obvious," connie began, placing a hand on jean's shoulder. "i don't think that blond chick is that dense.. or maybe she is, i don't know."

"nobody really knows," sasha said, and everyone agreed.

"well it seems like she doesn't like reiner back but to be honest, we may never know," connie sighed before he pursed out his lips and continued, "maybe she could have a huge secret crush on him but just won't say or do anything because she knows (y/n) and him are engaged."

"that could be a possibility," jean said, crossing his arms and began to ponder with those thoughts.

"let's stop talking about them," eren spoke, earning everyone's gazes and snapping jean out of his thoughts. before anyone there could say anything, eren quickly wrapped his arms around you and carried you in bridal style, shouting, "last one to the water has to go buy us popsicles!"

"what—" jean became puzzled, and watched as eren began running towards the ocean with you in his arms. connie and sasha quickly followed after, carrying armin up on their shoulders with smiles on their faces and laughs leaving their lips. armin was freaking out, he was scared that he was going to fall off and closed his eyes as he was being carried.

jean huffed in frustration, he turned to mikasa— hoping he would be the one to carry her too but she was already running after the others. he cursed under his breath and quickly rushed after the rest of the group.

you and eren reached the ocean first, your arms were wrapped securely around eren's neck when he was sprinting towards the ocean. and once reaching the water, he didn't let you down. instead, he turned around to watch the others rush after you both with smiles and laughs.