forty

────────────────────

IT WAS THE DAY OF YOUR WEDDING.

after the night of the wedding party, you received another raging scolding from your father along with reiner but your mother was there with you, to protect you in her arms so that you wouldn't get slapped or receive any sort of other physical pain. ymir was also there, along with her family and they tried to stop it all and it eventually did come to an end.

you were currently seated on a couch in a separate room from the wedding venue. families, friends and others gathered and sat down on the vacant seats, their voices full of excitement as they couldn't wait for the bride to walk down the aisle. gifts were stacked to the side and soft music played in the background.

the wedding dress reiner chose for you was already dressed on you, all was left was the makeup. a few makeup artist were hired to do your makeup and they were currently setting their supplies up before starting to paint on the eyeshadow and everything. sasha was also there, wrapped in one of the pale pink bridesmaids dresses that reiner chose.

sasha didn't want to wear a long bridesmaids dress but reiner forced her to if she wanted to stay for the wedding. she was standing in front of the large mirror staring at herself, adjusting the dress and trying to be comfortable in it.

ymir was also supposed to be there as your bridesmaids, but apparently she was still upset at you for slapping historia. she didn't speak to you and kept avoiding you, it honestly pained you but if she was going to side with historia without truly knowing what happened, you could care less about her.

you sat there in silence, your mind blank and before you knew it, the artist finished doing your makeup and gave you a mirror to look at yourself. whenever you came in possession of the mirror, you stared at yourself for a few moments before nodding your head, as if you liked it.

with that, the artists left and now you were alone in the room.

"here, drink some water," sasha said as she walked over to you with a bottle of water, you thanked her quietly before taking the bottle, opening the lid and taking sips of it. sasha sighed and watched as you drank half of the bottle. "if you need more, i'll go get you some."

"it's okay," you said, shaking your head.

the door to the room knocked and jean stepped in. he was dressed in a well suitable dark blue tux for a wedding with his hair sleeked back and a light scent of cologne was coming off him.

you and sasha exchanged looks as he entered the room, closing it behind him. you glanced down at jean's hands and saw that he was holding an envelope. jean walked over to you, a reluctant expression overcoming his face as he sat down in the space beside of you.

"what's wrong?" you questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"here uh.." jean started, handing you the nearly wrapped envelope. you stared at it for a few seconds before taking it into your own hands, observing it closely then. he continued, "um.. eren stopped by just a while ago and dropped his letter off, he wanted to congratulate you on your wedding before he left."