seventeen

────────────────────

BY THE TIME DINNER WAS READY, it was around 6 in the afternoon. eren's dish in mind was a simple beef soup, the male was a bit embarrassed for only being able to cook a meal like this while you were over but you didn't mind at all. the dish looked absolutely appetizing and it smelt amazing, your stomach growled.

eren chuckled, quickly grabbing two plates and utensils to use. you both sat beside each other on the chairs that were seated under the kitchen island table. the male also placed two glass cups beside of each plate and you sat down on one of the chairs that had an empty plate in front of it.

you didn't notice but eren had also made rolled omelettes while you were occupied with stirring the beef soup when you both were still cooking a while ago. there were about six of the rolls and eren placed the plate beside of the pot where the beef soup was.

before eren sat down, he disappeared from the kitchen leaving you alone there for quite a moment but eren soon returned with a large sized bottle of rich wine that he had retrieved from his father's the wine pantry.

"i don't think i'm supposed to touch this but i couldn't help myself," eren admitted when standing at one of the entrances to the kitchen. he awkwardly chuckled before walking over to the vacant seat beside of you, placing the wine down. "i'm sorry if this isn't.. what you wanted."

"what? are you kidding? this is wonderful!" you cheered, trying to reassure him and he just smiled out of pure embarrassment.

"i'm still quite a rookie at cooking but i'm learning more from my mother," eren began to say and you rested your elbow onto the island table, leaning your chin onto the palm of your hand as he continued, "i'm also watching cooking shows and finding recipe ideas online. i get most of my inspiration from my mom and that famous chef, gordon ramsay."

"i watch his shows with connie," you said, giggling softly remembering a few memories of sitting on the floor at the edge of connie's bed when watching gordon ramsay's shows.

"i watch them with mikasa," eren began, popping the lid off from the wine bottle and pouring the liquid out into two glass cups sitting ahead of them on the island table. "though i know she's not interested in the cooking, but she does like to see the kitchen fights they have," eren finished saying, placing the wine bottle back down.

"connie does too and we plan to go to one of his restaurants soon," you said, wondering when that event would ever arrive. eren didn't say anything and just nodded his head before focusing back onto the main dishes that were patiently waiting to be devoured by the two humans.