twenty nine

────────────────────

"THANK YOU FOR DRIVING ME BACK HOME," you said to eren, giving the male a glance. after cleaning the puddles of water in his bathroom for nearly fifteen whole minutes, you both rushed— dressing yourselves back in your clothes before heading to eren's car.

eren forgotten about having to take you home early and he kept apologizing a few times, you reassured him that it was fine but the male was uncertain about that. you both arrived at your home in about 10 minutes since eren seemed to be speeding most of the way, there were a couple cars parked outside of your home. you saw a few little kids running around in the front and playing with chalk.

"i'm sorry, once again, really," eren apologized for the final time, you sighed and shook your head.

"eren, i told you it's fine, honest. don't worry about it, okay?" you said, placing your hand on his shoulders and he looked at you, though his eyes were still full of concern. "i'll call you later?" you added on and eren nodded his head.

giving him a smile, you were about to lean forward to kiss him but stopped yourself when you saw your little cousins rushing over to eren's car. you both quickly pulled away from each other and eren rolled down the window on the side of your door.

"(y/n)! (y/n)!" your little cousins cheered in pure excitement, they had their bubbly grins on their face and you smiled back.

"hey guys! sorry that i'm late, some things just happened," you said, giving eren a quick glance before gesturing the children to move back so that you could open the door and step out. "see you later," you said to him and eren nodded his head, grinning.

after exiting the vehicle and shutting the door behind you, you and your cousins watched as eren drove off.

"(y/n), who's that man?" one of your cousins questioned as she gently tugged on your hand, lifting her gaze up at you.

"oh.. he's.." you looked down at your younger cousin, hesitating on what to say. "he's a very special person," you answered, replacing your hesitant expression with a warm smile.

"he's so handsome!" your cousin giggled and you nodded your head, agreeing with her statement. all of a sudden, you were missing eren, though you just saw him nearly minutes ago. a wave of loneliness crashed over you and you desperately wanted to be in his arms again. your cousins noticed your spacing out and glanced at each other before catching your attention again.

"(y/n)! reiner and everyone else is waiting inside," one of your other cousins spoke and you looked at him. you had honestly forgotten that reiner would also be there, without saying anything, you began to walk back inside while holding one of your cousin's hand. the rest followed while chatting like normal.

when you opened the front door and stepped in, you heard running footsteps approaching you and your group of younger cousins. you all turned your attention towards the sound of the steps and saw a brunette with freckles rushing towards you, with open arms.