thirty five

────────────────────

"LET'S RUN AWAY TOGETHER," eren uttered, he was serious about this and he kept his gaze pinned on you before he removed the diamond ring from the box and slid it on your ring finger. he continued, "we can leave tonight, i'll get my private jet ready beforehand and i'll tell my father i already left."

you immediately nodded your head yes, giving the male a smile. "yes! yes, i'll go with you! i'll go anywhere as long as it's with you, eren!" you beamed and eren's smile grew even more as he pulled you closer to him for a hug. his touch was so tender and made you feel secure, you knew that this was a good decision.

eren then pulled away from you, both hands on your shoulders. you met eyes again before he spoke, "pack whatever you need— but not too much. whenever we get to new york, i'll buy you whatever you want— and i promise to make you the happiest person in the world."

"eren.." you muttered out and you saw how bright his cheeks were red, even in the darkness of the room. "you already make me the happiest person in the world," you added as your hands cupped eren's cheek, it still pained you to see his face injuries but seeing him smile at least made you feel better.

with that, eren stood watching for guards while you stuffed needed things into a bag. it wasn't much things, just your phone that you stolen back from your father's office and other personal uses that you thought were importantly useful. you kept a safe stuffed somewhere in the corners of your closet and took out all the money from it. though it wasn't as much— probably $2,000 after saving up from your birthdays, every special holiday or you were just given it randomly.

eren also drove and parked his car somewhere away from your home before sneaking his way to see you. there would be difficulty trying to sneak back out without getting caught but eren reassured you that you both would be fine. the house was extremely silent now since it was late, ymir and her family wouldn't be back for a while and your father was late doing work while your mother was fast asleep in another room.

"how are we going to get out of here without leaving through the front door?" you questioned eren once everything had been prepared.

"we climb down from your balcony," eren answers with a grin and you swallowed hard, quite nervous. the male chuckled before taking the bag with your items into his own hands, "don't worry, it's a short jump down, just.. look at me and i'll catch you."

"are you sure we won't get caught? like absolutely positive?" you raised an eyebrow and eren nodded his head, opening the door to your balcony and stepped out.

"fortunately, the guards reiner appointed don't keep guard around here even though they're trying to keep you from leaving," eren began as his eyes peered through the yard. there were a few large trees blocking your room and so it seemed easy to hide in the trees during the night. "they're mostly guarded by the gates and sometimes the walls.. and we'll also have to climb up over a wall in order to get out of here," he added while turning back to you.