thirty six

────────────────────

YOUR EYES OPENED TO MEET THE CEILING OF A HOSPITAL ROOM, the noises of the vital sound monitor beeping in the background. your body still throbbed with pain and your mind immediately went to eren and the entire car accident.

"eren!" you cried out, your body jolting up and a wave of affliction stung throughout your entire body, causing you to whimper. your eyes scanned around the room and you saw your mother turn around immediately after hearing your voice, she was setting up vases of flowers in a corner of the hospital room and her eyes watered.

"oh (y/n)!" she cried, her voice was full of concern yet relief and she ran to you, gently pulling you into her arms as her own tears flowed down her eyes.

"m..mom?" you voiced out and she pulled away after several moments of holding you. "what happened? where's eren?! is eren okay?! take me to him! please, mom!" you implored as your hands gripped tightly onto the sleeves of her shirt, your saddened and worried tears for your lover penetrating now coming out.

your mother continued to cry, she didn't answer you which caused you to become even more perturbed. you proceeded to plead her to tell you about eren and his whereabouts, but she just wouldn't open her mouth.

"how many days has it been?" you questioned after, hoping she would answer. "how long have i been in here? mom, talk to me, please!" you raised your voice, you wanted answers— you needed them.

"it's been three days since you've been here.." your mother finally answered as she quickly wiped away her tears, her red puffed eyes now looking into yours. "eren.. woke up not too long ago but he.." your mother continued and you tugged on her sleeve.

"he what?!" you cried out, but before she could answer— the door to your hospital room swung open. both you and your mother's head turned towards the door and saw reiner, standing there, hands in his pockets and his gaze pinned on you.

he didn't seem surprised, nor happy to see you awake from your short coma. reiner's expression was completely blank and cold, he gestured for your mother to leave and in which, she constrained to and quickly left the room closing the door behind her.

after the door was shut and it had become silent in the room, reiner began to walk towards you in a slight slow pace. your heart was racing but you gave the male a scowling glare, full of loathe and reiner only laughed at the manner of your face before standing right at the edge of your bed.

"did you have a good dream, (y/n)?" reiner questioned and you kept your glare on him.

"where's eren?" you ignored his stupid comments and questioned him about your lover you worried about, the one you were aching to see at the moment.

reiner frowned and sighed, before his vile grin returned to his lips. "i'll be nice to you and tell you. eren woke up yesterday and don't worry, he's doing just as fine."