thirty one

────────────────────

AFTER DINNER FINISHED, each family gathered around again in the family room, chatting and laughing about whatever the conversation was about. you sat down beside of ymir, who was currently playing with your other younger cousin's hair and clipping in cute pins that they brought.

everyone was there, would this be a good time to say something?

just as you were about to open your mouth to say something, your other little cousin ran up to you with a box of their own cute hairpins. she had a smile on her face as she was rushing towards you and you looked at her.

"(y/n)!! can you do my hair too? and when you are done, i can do your hair!" she beamed while bringing the box of hairpins towards you. you glanced down at the box and nodded your head, lifting your eyes back up at her with a smile. the child beamed more as she sat down in front of you, her back facing you and the box was in her lap.

"what kind of hairstyle would you like?" you questioned, gently gathering every strand of soft hair from her head.

"surprise me!"

you hummed, wondering what kind of hair style you should do. you weren't professional at doing hair so you decided to do to high pig tails, with two thin strands falling beside of her face. though you were tying up her hair, your thoughts were occupied with how you would tell them all that you didn't want to marry reiner. you knew that your father would rage and holler at you, but at this point, you didn't care anymore.

after you finished tying your little cousin's hair into high tails, she gave you a couple hairpins that she wanted in her hair and you clipped them in. since she had a small mirror in the box, she picked it up and looked at herself, smiling and giggling.

"thank you (y/n)! time to do your hair now!" she said and you watched as she stood up. since you were sitting on a couch, the little girl climbed on it and stood behind you while you had the box of her items on your lap. she wasn't technically going to braid or tie up your hair or anything, she just clipped in random hairpins that you gave her.

"so (y/n)," one of reiner's aunts called out to you, catching your attention and the others adults. she placed the cup of tea she had in her hands back down onto the plate she held in the other before continuing, "what are the honeymoon plans after the wedding?"

eyes were now on you, some glancing at reiner before back at you. awkwardly laughing, you told yourself that this would be the chance to finally tell them. with all of the courage you had in you, your mouth opened.

"i have something—" you started but reiner quickly cut you off before you could even finish your sentence.

"we plan on going to fiji, since (y/n) had always wanted to go there ever since she was a little girl," reiner said with a little laugh and a few others laughed too, agreeing that it was the place you dreamed of going when you grew up. it pissed you off at how he interrupted you like that and you saw him glance at you, as if he knew what you were going to confess.