fifteen

────────────────────

YOU AND EREN HEADED TOWARDS THE DOCK FULL OF ROW BOATS, your hand was intertwined with his as he had been the one to initiate the hand holding action. you sent eren a look and he only smiled at you.

"i rented us a boat for a couple hours when i came here," eren began when walking down the steps that led to the dock. a few others were gathered there already, chatting and getting ready to get onto their assigned boats.

"wow this looks fun," you said with a smile before reaching the bottom of the steps. "have you even ever rowed a boat before?" you added in the question, glancing up at him.

"not really, but i'm sure we'll be just fine. the water isn't that deep if we do ever fall in," eren answered, sending you a grin before speaking with the person who managed the row boats.

your eyes began to wander around the perimeter of the dock, glimpsing over at couples who were getting on a boat, a parent with their small child and so forth. it was absolutely peaceful and you felt eren gently tug your hand.

"come on, let's go," eren spoke with his gentle smile after you turned your gaze to look at him.

eren led you to one of the row boats, you examined it for a moment and realized how it was much larger than the others, eren was glancing over at you. his hand was still locked with yours, so he first got onto the row boat and guided you on. you hesitated at first, watching the boat move side to side when eren stepped in.

"don't worry, i got you," eren said, guiding you onto the boat and immediately wrapped his arm around your waist so that you wouldn't fall over and the boat wouldn't tilt much further towards the water.

"thanks eren," you said giving him a shy grin and he just nodded his head.

you sat down on the opposite side of him and watched as he also seated himself after. eren was in charge of rowing the boat, since he insisted and wanted you to relax. you also noticed that there was a guitar case inside the boat, along with a picnic basket that you didn't spot it at first.

after settling on the boat, eren quickly tied his hair up into a bun before beginning to paddle and the boat started rowing steadily along the river. you watched eren for a moment as he paddled, he didn't seem to be struggling but it still looked quite difficult.

eren noticed your gaze and flashed you a smile, to which you responded with a smile. your eyes soon wandered towards the distance on both sides of the river, watching people walk by with quick waves and more birds flying above.