thirty

────────────────────

THE OLDER ADULTS SAT ON THE CHAIRS OF THE TABLE IN THE DINING ROOM WHILE THE YOUNG ADULTS AND YOUNGER ONES SAT OUTSIDE. on your back porch, there was a large patio table that was big enough to fit, since most of the younger ones ran around in the back and played instead of settling down in a seat and eating.

you sat beside of ymir, who was devouring her plate full of food excitedly. she was telling you about the time she knocked this senior out and broke their nose because they were being homophobic. she got suspended for three days and left the senior in bed for two weeks in a coma, she didn't care though. ymir noticed how spaced out you were and waved her hand in front of your face, but you still weren't snapped out of your pondering.

reiner was standing somewhere else afar from you and ymir, glancing once in a while at you two— well, mostly you. it was like he wanted to talk to you, but didn't seem to be getting the chance because of ymir who was being clingy.

"(y/n)? hello!?" ymir called out to you, finally catching your attention and you faced her.

"yeah? what?" you said, raising your eyebrows and ymir sighed.

"you okay? you've been spacing out for a while," ymir uttered as a frown appeared on her lips, she leaned closer to you, her voice going lower so only you would hear. "is earlier's conversation about fucking still bothering you?"

"what— no way!" you laughed it off, shaking your head and ymir furrowed her eyebrows, her lips coming to a thin line. "i'm just exhausted, i guess," you added, picking up the cup that had red wine in it and brought it to your lips, taking a few sips.

"exhausted from what? sex?" ymir snickered causing you to choke on the wine you were currently swallowing. you coughed a couple times before slamming the cup back down onto the table, facing the freckled brunette.

"ymir!"
"it was a joke! i'm sorry!"

ymir patted your back, giving you a napkin that you used to gently press against your lips to remove the wine that was around your mouth from the choking. you glared at her and she gave you a smugly smile as she rested her cheek on the palm of her hands.

"okay seriously, i'm still not over the fact that you have that hickey," ymir spoke, her voice still low and thankfully there was nobody that close by you two. the little kids' loud voices were mostly overpowering quiet conversations like this so it was good. "it's fucking fresh too! which means you got it today," she added and you cleared your throat.

ymir glanced at reiner who was being bothered by two littler ones, begging for him to play as the wolf in their chase game with them. the brunette looked back at you, ymir didn't know that you and reiner didn't have some sort of loving relationship and she knew you liked him ever since you were a freshman in high school, and that was all.