sixteen

────────────────────

BEFORE YOU KNEW IT, the clock had stroke 4:30 in the afternoon. the rowboat ride lasted a few hours and you both soon arrived back at the same dock that you left from. eren and you chatted, laughed a bit and he also played his guitar again a few times.

eren even taught you the basics of the guitar since you didn't really know how to play the instrument yourself. his guitar was valuably important to him and despite not wanting others to touch it, he gave you permission to hold it.

the snacks in the basket were already almost gone and by the time you had gone for the last bag, you noticed the rose in the basket. taking it out from the basket, you showed it to eren who also didn't know where that came from and also became flustered.

eren was the first to leave the row boat. looking back at you, he reached his hand towards you to hold yours and help you back onto the dock. his guitar case strap was over his shoulder and the picnic basket was in your hand.

you lifted your hand towards his and he firmly wrapped his hands around yours and helped you back onto the dock from the boat. thanking him, you both then stood side by side, still holding hands.

"are you hungry?" eren questioned once checking the time on his phone, he turned to you look at you and you nodded your head as a response. "alright, where should we go to ea—" eren began, but stopped when something rushed into his mind.

invite her to our house for dinner, mikasa's words pierced into his mind. he had forgotten about that for a while until he asked you a few seconds ago. his heart began racing and you noticed how reluctant the male had become. you tilted your head, wondering if he was alright.

"eren?"

"would you like to come to my place for dinner?" eren blurted but he spoke quite swiftly and you didn't quite understand him. his face was now bright red and he was looking straight into your eyes after.

"eren can you repeat that? i didn't quite understand," you said, raising an eyebrow and growing curious on what he said.

"nevermind, let's just go find a restaurant," eren muttered, turning his head away from you and began to walk away. you blinked a few times, trying to process everything and quickly followed after him, reaching for his arm to stop him from walking further.

"not so fast," you spoke, earning eren's attention. "let's have dinner at your place."

"w—what," eren stuttered, completely taken-aback at what you just said. but you only gave him a smile before letting go of his arm.