thirty eight

────────────────────

"DON'T GO.. PLEASE, DARLING."

you stopped your movements upon hearing the name eren usually gave you. your hands shook as your body turned around, meeting his gaze instantly. eren's teal green eyes pinned deep into yours, he also looked quite astonished from what he said and was blushing with embarrassment. upon seeing your fallen tears, eren quickly wiped them away with his thumb.

"i'm sorry.. those words just randomly came out of my mouth.." eren confessed and cleared his throat, his arms around you becoming loose. "i don't know why but.. i felt like i used to call someone darling," he continued to explain and sighed.

you didn't say anything, instead you bit down on your tongue while your eyes stared deep into eren's. his gaze was settled somewhere else at the moment as his mind lingered on the thought of why he called you darling and who he called darling before he lost his memories.

"but please.. don't go," eren's eyes returned back to yours, a saddened frown on his lips. he sounded sincere, he truly didn't want you to leave and his arms held tightly around your wrist to keep you from going. "i want to regain my memories back.. of you," he added.

"please, let me remember you," eren pleaded and you slowly pulled your arm out of his grasp, causing him to become shocked at your actions.

"i don't want you to be hurt anymore, eren. goodbye," you choked out and turned back around, opening the door to his room. mikasa and ymir were leaning against a wall beside of each other outside and watched as you ran out, with eren following after you.

"(y/n)— wait!" eren called out, his hand tried to reach out to yours again but he didn't make it. his hand gently brushed against yours and he stopped in his steps as his headache returned. groaning in pain, he held his head while one of his eyes was on kept on you.

mikasa rushed towards eren while ymir sprinted after you, calling out your name. the two females were both confused and stunned about the sudden scene, and sent each other glances before attending back to the patients in distress.

"eren— what— what happened?!" mikasa questioned, helping eren up as his hand was kept on his head from the crippling headache. her eyes widened as she saw tears fall down from his eyes, but eren didn't know why he was crying.

"i.. i don't know," eren admitted as he touched the tears with his finger and watched your figure disappear from his sight.

𖤐

"(y/n)!" ymir grabbed your arm as she voiced your name, pulling you back to her and spinning you around so that you were now facing each other. she frowned upon seeing your tears falling from your eyes and you wiped them away with your other hand. "what happened (y/n)? please, tell me," ymir said in a soothing tone as she loosened her hand around yours.