Chapter 50

It was quiet. Too quiet, the high pitched ringing in the silence didn't help things. Troy is a lot of things, yes he can be very patient but even he can't sit still for hours on end while just staring into the eyes of a certain blonde in fishnet stockings. Black Canary eyed him carefully, she requested him to take off his mask if they were going to do this, not that he wanted to anyway.

"This is stupid". Troy spoke up after awhile.

"It's beneficial for obvious reasons". Black Canary said, sitting back in her chair.

"Dinah, you only do these therapy sessions for the Outsiders. Since they're kids and can't deal with trauma you help them and I get that". Troy reasoned,"But I'm a four thousand year old relic and I'm sure that I know how to deal with my issues".

"This isn't about you being strong minded, Troy". Dinah answered,"This is about speaking your mind and letting out all that pent up mix of emotions".

"Oh, I see". Troy said realizing where this was going,"You're talking about me and Diana aren't you?".

"Don't you feel angry or frustrated?". She asked,"When the League members found out that Diana and Superman were a thing again, they were infuriated. Heck, even I was mad and I still am".

"Why should I feel any trace of anger? The Amazon made her choice and there's nothing else to it". Troy said as he scoffed with a quiet chuckle.

"You're telling me you didn't feel anything after what she did to you?".

"No. When you're my age, Dinah you just become really good at predicting outcomes".

"It doesn't just feel right".

"I thought this was a therapy session and not you-getting-mad session". Troy said as he leaned back in his chair as well.

Dinah sighed and closed her eyes.

"How do you do it, Troy?". She asked softly,"How do you work around the pain?".

Troy smiled as he remembered all the times he had been betrayed by the ones he considered his close friends, all those centuries of torture and regret and yet he eventually grew accustomed to its painful embrace.

"I don't". Troy said,"Sometimes letting things roll of your back is the only solution".

              ................................................

Reaching Troy's apartment was a lot more easier than expected, Kara thought about this as she headed for his apartment door. Since she was staying in New York for awhile she figured why not pay him a visit, she knew he wouldn't mind. She came to the door and gave three knocks, she exhaled and waited. Then she heard someone approach the door and stop in front of it.

"Who is it?". A muffled female voice came from the other side.

This confused Kara as she raised an eyebrow.

Why was there a woman in Troy's apartment?

Was it Diana?

"It's me, Kara". The young Kryptonian replied.

She heard the door being quickly unlocked and she saw it being swinged open, all she saw was raven black hair and then she felt herself get enveloped in a hug.

"Kara!".

"Lois?!". A confused Kara exclaimed.

The journalist released the Kryptonian from her hug and faced her with a smile.

"Hi".

"What are you doing here?". Kara asked as Lois gestured her to come in to which she did.

"Oh, I'm staying with Troy on a temporary basis". Lois said before she headed for the living room.