Chapter 67

The night in New York was as young as Troy stood on the roof of the apartment building he was staying at, the moon was full and light was illuminated around him. The dark hero felt more at peace with the Justice League behind him now, he was more in control of his life and that's all he ever wanted so far. A few days ago, Bruce told him of a encrypted signal that Cyborg shared with him and the two Leaguers told the dark hero that it could have come from Apokolips.

Troy knew that at this point it was never a good sign if something like this happened.

"What are you up to, Darkseid?". He asked softly.

As he approached the edge of the roof, he noticed a human form lying a few feet in front of him. He quickly got on guard and looked around cautiously, he slowly approached the body and slowly turned it around. When the body turned, the light of the moon illuminated the face of his wife, Celeste, her eyes were dull and lifeless.

Troy immediately backed away when he saw the face of his dead wife, the wounds that the Blades of Chaos inflicted on her body were still visible.

"I don't understand". He said as he rubbed his temples,"Why do I only see my wife, why don't I see my daughter as well?".

"I think you know why".

Troy turned to look for the owner of the voice but he saw no one, he was sure that he was alone up here and his divine sense would have picked up something if there indeed someone was up here which confused him even more.

"If I had a daughter and if I left her behind in Elysium where she would perish forever, I would have forced myself to stop remembering her". The voice said again after a moment.

"Who is out there? How do you know about Delphina?". Troy asked getting into a defensive stance.

Then he saw a shadowy figure moving in the darkness of the roof, the figure seemed to be holding something in their hand. Troy got even more tense as the figure finally stepped toward the light, once entering the light Troy saw he was holding a glass in his hand.

Troy's eyes narrowed at the individual in front of him.

"Lucifer".

"Charmed, Troy". The individual said before taking a small sip from his martini glass.

"If you're here to drag me to hell, just know that it won't work". Troy warned.

Lucifer gave a quiet smile before walking past the dark hero and leaning against the edge of the roof, he exhaled and stared up at the moon.

"You and I both know that I don't have any hold over you, even if I wanted it to be so". Lucifer replied courteously,"Besides, you can't die. Maze needs to torture souls and not a live human".

"How do you know about my daughter? Last time I checked, I'm from a different world and not from this world".

Lucifer turned to face him with a slight gold glint in his irises, he took another sip and slowly approached the dark Spartan before stopping a few feet in front of him.

"You left your own daughter behind in order to stop that Titan, Atlas and Persephone. If I could show sympathy, I would". The fallen angel said.

"I don't need your sympathy". Troy said staring at the being dead in the eye,"Why are you here?".

Before the fallen angel could respond he took a glance to the side and smirked.

"It seems we are being watched". Lucifer said before he walked a few feet forward.

Troy looked at the fallen angel for a moment before he saw him rip open the very fabric of reality and pull out a female shape out of the void, the female shape had the appearance of space itself and she looked annoyed as she stared at the fallen angel.