Chapter 85

It was a hard month for the heroes. The younger heroes seeked counciling from Black Canary, they suffered severe PTSD and sleep deprivation. The older heroes seeked help from her as well but not all of them, they thought it was a complete waste of time. Most of the heroes have left the mansion to go back to their daily duties as heroes but not everyone was ready to step back into uniform.

Screams could be heard through the halls of the manor, it originated from the med Bay in the east wing where Oliver Queen was kept. Dinah watched from the doorway as Alfred reset some bones in her husband's body and his screams were agonizing to listen to, it brought her to the brink of tears and it hurt.

"I know that feeling very well". A voice said behind her.

She sniffed and quickly turned. She saw the spartan standing behind her with two cups of coffee in his hands, he offered her one and she took it with a tiny smile.

"Thank you". She quietly mouthed.

"Don't worry about Ollie. He'll pull through". Troy said leaning against the doorway.

"I know. I just can't stand seeing him hurt like this, his screams are hurtful to listen to". Dinah sniffed.

"Bruce left an hour ago to grab some morphine. It might help with the pain". Troy said as he watched Ollie arch his back in pain.

Dinah nodded in understanding.

"How are you doing, Troy?". Dinah asked.

He didn't respond and just kept staring ahead. He eventually just sighed with closed eyes.

"That bad, huh?".

"Not something you won't be able to help me with. Trust me". He said looking down.

Dinah sighed before leaning into his chest and hugging him tightly, the dark hero wrapped one arm around her and hugged back.

"Have you seen Raven?". He suddenly asked.

"No, I haven't".

He sighed.

"You can go look for her. I'll be fine here". Dinah said.

Troy let her go and stared at her.

"You sure?".

She gave a weak smile and nodded.

He smiled a little and turned to leave.

He had never seen his friends this broken before and it was painful to watch, especially when he is the one that caused that pain. I mean, he is literally the God of War and that means wherever he goes, destruction and chaos is sure to follow. It happened to his previous world, it was no surprise it would happen here too.

He saw Mari approaching from the opposite side, her right arm still in a sling. She looked exhausted, he figured it must be the lack of sleep from the constant nightmares.

"Mari?".

Mari looked up and smiled.

"Troy". She walked up and hugged him and he returned it with sadness for her. He wanted to be there for all of them.

"How are you doing?". He asked.

Her smile faded.

"I'm not gonna lie. The nightmares are so real that I can't even close my eyes".

"Yeah, I'm sorry". He said.

She held his forearm and stared at him with confusion on her face.

"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong".