Chapter 64

Troy sighed as he avoided a punch with painful ease, then he sidestepped a kick before tripping his assailant. He moved through the flurry of attacks before knocking his opponents to the ground, they all looked up at him with irritation in their eyes.

"You guys aren't trying at all". The Spartan said as he leaned against the wall.

"We're throwing everything we got at you!". Cassie exclaimed.

"Whining isn't gonna help Wonder Girl". Troy said with a smirk.

This made the Amazon protégé growl in frustration before she zoomed toward the dark hero with intent, Troy easily moved through her attack and quickly floored her. At the moment, Troy was giving the Outsiders lessons on proficient combat and it was a bit of a challenge to say the least. His opponents were Wonder girl, Superboy, Blue Beetle and Impulse.

He noticed movement behind him and he quickly stepped back from one of Blue Beetle's sword attacks, he lured the young scarab host in before he landed a light jab into his chest which sent him flying back. He saw a blur run past him and he honed his senses in time to avoid the speedster's punch to his face, then he quickly tripped him and subdued him. Then he raised his forearm to block an incoming punch from Superboy, then he pushed him back before he jumped up and pulled him into a submission hold and it made the young hybrid tap out.

Troy got to his feet and straightened his brown leather jacket before looking down at the groaning forms of his opponents, he smiled a little at this.

"Nope, nope nope and nope". Troy said as he pointed at each of the young heroes he beat,"Next time, try to give me a real challenge".

Then he looked toward the couch where the rest of the Outsiders were, they all looked amazed by his display of experience. Artemis Crock didn't show it but she enjoyed watching Troy beat someone up, Wally was more neutral about it.

"Any questions?". Troy asked as he poured himself a glass of water.

"How did you become so great and experienced in combat?". Kaldur asked as he looked eager to learn.

"By living and learning the cultures and traditions of those that trained me in their art". Troy said remembering all the people that taught him their most secret arts,"I realized that it's not just about learning the art but also learning about others and how they interact with nature in its right".

"Will you be coming again to teach us more?". Artemis asked with a smile.

"No way. I told Batman that this was a one time thing and nothing else". Troy said with clarification,"Besides, I got other things to deal with in my life right now".

The Outsiders sagged slightly in disappointment at this.

"But don't worry, I may try to come around every once in awhile". He smiled and that seemed to brighten their mood a little.

He didn't know why he came to Los Angeles, all Batman said was that the Outsiders needed a combat instructor and Troy absentmindedly agreed and he didn't know why.

"Troy?". He turned to face the young female Martian.

"Oh, hi Megan". Troy said with a smile,"Or is it M'gann?".

She smiled warmly and nodded.

"Any works for me".

"Oh, so what can I do for you?".

"I just want to know if you're okay? You know, after everything that happened". She said not trying to beat around the bush.

"Yeah, I'm good". The dark hero smiled at the younger girl,"Though not completely fine with how things were handled".