Chapter 41

The Watchtower as usual was busy and many of the maintenance workers moved about, though not one hero was in sight in the hallways. The Amazon princess noticed this as she walked through the halls, she turned to a hall on her left that led to the meeting room. Once she walked through the doors, she saw all the heroes, allies and friends they've met along the way. Diana looked around and noticed that no one sensed her presence, she realized why when she looked at the holographic screen that everyone was facing.

She frowned when the screen showed camera footage of Darkforce fighting Zeus. She did not like it one bit, she slowly approached the large group with a calm expression.

"Why in Hera's name are you watching that?". She asked in a collected voice.

All the heroes turned to face her and they noticed the forming scowl on her face.

"Diana!". Cassandra Sandmark AKA Wonder girl said.

Diana acknowledged her protege with a smile for a moment before facing the heroes again with a scowl.

"Well, is anyone going to answer my question?". She asked.

The other heroes looked down at this.

"We're only observing". Batman said.

"And what is it that you are observing, Bruce?". She asked.

Superman sensing the tension slowly backed up and turned off the holographic screen.

"Darkforce is a lot stronger than I first anticipated, his ability to go toe to toe with Superman, Doomsday and Gods has had me thinking". Batman said.

"Thinking what?". She asked.

"If he has this much power and strength on his own independently, think of much he'll be on Darkseid's level". Batman said.

"So, that's what this is about"Diana nodded in realisation,"You want to use him as a weapon against Darkseid, is that it?".

"No, that's not what we're implying". Superman said, stepping up.

"Then what is it you're trying to imply then?" Diana asked,"Please, humor me".

"We're only trying to use him as a last resort if things go south with our inevitable fight with Darkseid". John Stewart said.

"So, he's Plan B?". She asked.

Batman nodded,"He could help bring an end to Darkseid once and for all".

"But at what cost?". Diana asked,"His life?".

"He came back from the dead before". Flash said.

"Not this time". Raven said,"He told me that he won't come back again if he dies this time around".

"Yeah, he said something similar like that to me too". Batgirl said.

"Are you any of you supporting this idea?". Diana asked the throng of heroes.

The heroes were all silent and bowed their heads, some looked away trying to avoid eye contact.

"Unbelievable". Diana said before walking out of the meeting room.

              ................................

Darkforce swinged through the city as he made his way toward the bank that was currently being robbed, he maneuvered himself before looking down and seeing the many police cruisers surrounding the bank. He made his presence known by landing on the roof of a cruiser, startling a few cops in the process.

"Right on time, Darkforce". The police captain said.

"Always on schedule, Captain Ross". Darkforce said acknowledging the cop.