Chapter 91

The streets of Gotham were bustling as people moved around, the sound of traffic was more prominent due to the rush hour. Troy was a sitting by an outdoor cafe with none other than the Queen of the Olympian gods, in all honesty he didn't want to talk to her but she said it was important.

The dark hero wore a long sleeved black shirt and some black cargo pants with white sneakers, his hair was short and well combed. Hera had her hair in a bun and she wore a white blouse that showed a bit of cleavage and a blue short skirt, she had flats on because she didn't want to waste her time with heels.

"I know you don't like me but you should know I'm on your side". She said, sitting back on her chair,"I know our history from your world is not picture perfect but that was lifetimes ago. Holding this grudge isn't going to make you feel better".

Troy was quiet for a bit before taking a small sip from his soda can, then he looked up at her.

"Snapping your neck kind of made me feel better".

Hera's eyes slightly widened at that. She subconsciously touched her neck out of instinct, almost as if she could feel what he did to her in his world.

"Um, yes. But while that did satisfy you, you should know I have no ill will toward you at all". She said before smirking,"I actually like you".

Troy started to laugh softly before it changed into a chuckle.

"What's so funny?". She asked.

"You? Like someone? That's funny, Hera. Really funny". He said before taking a more serious composure again,"Let's get one thing straight, Hera. You care about no one but yourself and while history sees you as this tragic, distraught wife of Zeus. You're not exactly fooling anybody with the victim card play. And if you try to pull a ruse with me, I will snap your neck again without hesitation. I might probably even consider disembowling you".

Hera looked down at that. But then she quickly regained her posure and looked up at him with a smirk.

"I was able to convince our pantheon to trust you". Hera said and Troy looked up with interest written in his eyes,"Zeus tried to throw off all arguments but I had the last say".

"And why would you help me? What do you get out of it?". He asked leaning forward.

"I told you, Spartan. I like you". She smiled before taking a sip of her beverage.

A waitress pulled up and held up a clipboard and pen.

"Would you like anything else?".

"No, I'm fine. Thanks". Troy replied.

"Thank you, dear. We are fine here". Hera smiled at her.

The waitress nodded before leaving.

"The Olympians might be convinced but that just leaves other gods. While they are still angered by you, they still refuse to engage you without good reason". Hera said,"Pele is the only god you should worry about now. But don't worry, she's in a deep slumber in some random volcano somewhere, she won't be waking up anytime soon".

"Pele is a goddess that has gone toe to toe with me in combat. I don't want to fight her". Troy said,"Last time we fought, we destroyed half of the Polynesian Islands".

"And had sex on top of a mountain, yes I know". Hera sighed.

"What?! No! She knocked me out and threw me into the ocean and hoped her sister would drown me". Troy explained.

"Oh. Then who did you do the deed with on the mountain?". Hera asked.

"That was Mictecacihuatl". Troy said facepalming.