Chapter 45

A lone grave stood in the middle of nowhere in the countryside that used to be known as ancient Sparta, but it has modernized since the many centuries that has passed. Facing the grave in a crouched position was the dark hero himself, he buried his brother in the homeland of where they grew up even if it wasn't their world. Troy had been visiting his brother's grave regularly to get back the memories of their childhood. He didn't exactly tell Diana that he had been coming here frequently because he didn't want her to worry about him, plus they had been spending less time together since of late.

Two figures on a small hill watched the dark hero, the first was the dark knight himself in his batman suit with cape wrapped around him. The second figure was surprisingly Mera, the Xebelian princess herself. After Troy helped take back Atlantis from the Poseidon of his world, they have been becoming good friends since that day.

"He has been sitting there for awhile".

"He's mourning". Batman said,"Losing Atreus once was hard enough for him, losing him again for a second time is excruciatingly painful".

"You seem to know the feeling very well". She replied, giving him a glance.

Batman didn't respond and only looked ahead.

"Weren't he and Diana supposed to be on a date right now?". Mera asked.

"He'll be late and that's all she has to know".

Mera looked at the caped crusader for a moment before looking out toward Troy.

                    .....................................

Diana took a small sip from her cup of coffee  before returning to look around the Cafe that she was currently in, she had been sitting here for more than an hour now. Troy was never this late for anything, not even if he had to stop a bank robbery or a hostage situation. She was beginning to feel a little bored.

"I should probably call and see if everything's good". She said, placing her communicator in her ear and activating it.

She sent the call to his phone but the line was dead and there was no ringing.

She sighed a little and just gave up.

She was about to get up and leave when she saw Clark entering the Cafe, he made eye contact with her before waving in her direction. She smiled and waved back before getting comfortable in her seat again.

"Hey, Diana". He said before stopping at her table.

"Hi". She said,"What brings you here?".

"Kara and I are visiting New York for a week". Clark responded,"It was her idea".

"Of course it was her idea". Diana smiled,"She loves shopping in New York than anywhere else".

Clark smiled before he sat down.

"So, why are you sitting in this Cafe all alone?".

"I'm waiting for Troy for our date".

"Oh, he's not here yet". He asked looking around.

Diana sighed,"Unfortunately I don't know where he is. I tried calling but he's not answering".

"I'm sure he's on his way".

"He is over an hour late". Diana pointed out.

Clark then laughed a little.

"What's so funny?".

"Nothing. But doesn't this remind you of how our dates always were". He said.

She was quiet for awhile before smiling.

"Yes, it does. It really does".

They were both incredibly fast so they always made it an effort to make it to their dates on time when they still dated all those years ago. Clark usually made it on time a lot faster than Diana which sometimes pissed her off a little, which made him gloat every chance he got.

"Hey, look who's here".

Diana looked up and saw Troy walking into the Cafe dressed in all black, which made her frown. He only dressed in black when there was a reason for it which was what surprised her, it was only when he was Darkforce that he dressed in black which made this all the more confusing.

"Hey, babe". He said walking up,"Sorry I'm late".

"Where were you?". She asked,"I've been calling you and you weren't picking up".

He rubbed the back of his head,"Had to deal with muggers as a civilian, so yeah".

Troy then noticed Clark sitting in his seat, he raised an eyebrow at this but decided to play it cool.

"Hey, Clark".

"Hey". Clark smiled.

"What brings you in good 'ole New York?".

"Kara thought it was a good idea to visit for a week". Clark said.

Troy smirked,"Let me guess, she came for the shopping. Right?".

"Wow, right on the money!". Clark said.

"I hope she didn't make you spend too much". Troy said.

"She used her own money this time". Clark said,"Anyway, see you guys later. It was good seeing you guys, especially you, Diana.".

"It was good seeing you too, Clark". Diana smiled.

Troy looked between the two carefully before taking a seat across his girlfriend, once he saw Clark leave he noticed his Amazon girl glaring at him.

"What?".

"Why were you an hour late and why are you wearing all black?". She asked.

"I told you that I was dealing with muggers and why is it bad that I'm wearing black". Troy said,"Besides, Raven says I look good in black".

"Usually you wear more casual, colorful clothes". Diana said,"You only wear all black when there's a reason".

He frowned,"And what reason might that be?"

"You tell me?".

He was quiet for awhile before staring at her with calculating eyes.

"Diana, I'm a dark person and sometimes the darkness can be a welcoming thing and it's not everyday that I can be hype and happy all the time".

"Don't let me use the lasso on you".

"You don't have it here".

"I don't need it to get the truth out of you".

"Why are you making a small issue into something big?".

"I'm worried, that's why".

"Worried? I've killed Primordials, Gods Demons, Vampires, Werewolves and any other monster in existence and you were worried about me". He laughed bitterly.

"I didn't mean in that sense".

"Hey, if you want to get this date started let me know". He said.

She nodded in agreement and they both got up and left the Cafe.

"How is Raven by the way?".

"She's fine". Troy said,"Though I think she has a crush on Damian".

Diana was surprised by that,"Really?".

"Yep". Troy said,"To be honest, I actually think it's kind of cute. I mean, she at least gets to be like a normal teenager for once and that kinda makes me feel glad".

"You're like a father to her".

"I see it as a older brother and little sister thing but hey, who am I to complain". Troy said.

As he said older brother he remembered his responsibility to Atreus as an older brother and how much he had failed him, a burden that he had to carry for the rest of his life.

Always.