Chapter 28

A dark figure sat on his throne and looked ahead of him as another dark figure approached his throne room. The one seated on the throne was none other than Hades and the uninvited guest that came was the god of war himself, Ares. Ares stopped at the base of the throne and gave a slight bow in respect to his uncle.

"Uncle, I see you are in perfect health". Ares said.

"Yes. Now tell me, Ares. What brings you to my realm?". Hades asked.

"I have inquiries of your........little plan". The god of war said.

Hades frowned,"Go on".

"Since your plan is already set into motion. Why not attack the Spartan already and take his life force?". Ares said.

Hades smiled,"Sometimes patience is key. Once I set the plan, everything will come full circle".

"What if Father and Mother find out about our little arrangement? They cannot be fooled forever". Ares said.

Hades shifted his weight on his throne,"I assure you, Ares. Once we succeed, Hera and Zeus will be too powerless to stop us".

Ares nodded in understanding.

"Leave me now, Ares. Until then, wait patiently". Hades said.

Ares turned to leave his uncle think for awhile.

'Soon Spartan. You will meet old friends of yours'. Hades thought.

             .................................

Darkforce dodged a claw swipe from a doomsday clone and quickly knocked it back, he jumped over the second monster and used his chains to break the creature's neck. Darkforce saw light flickering to see left and glanced at Shazam taking on a few doomsday clones as well. They both regrouped and stood back to back.

"So this may not be the right time to point it out but these clones are weaker compared to the original Doomsday". Shazam said.

"Yeah, I noticed that. I faced Doomsday before and these clones don't got what he got". Darkforce said.

This is not how the dark hero wanted to start his day, after Batman called him and told him something strange. There were reports of Doomsday clones appearing around the country and they all decided to go take them down, they were spread very thin so they broke off into pairs and decided to take off to different cities that had the clones.

"Okay, Shaz. Only five left. How do you wanna end this?". Darkforce inquired.

"Simple". Shazam said, before blasting large volts of lightning at the two clones that were immediately fried to death.

"Show off". Darkforce smirked under his mask before landing powerful blows on one of the monsters.

After defeating Doomsday, Darkforce realized that he had grown stronger and more dense. He could now take damaging blows and still walk it off, so he figured he must have acquired one of Doomsday's powers. He punched the clone in the face making it stagger back, he wrapped a chain around its neck and he made a move and broke its neck. He felt his sixth kick in and he back flipped over a powerful blow and quickly launched a powerful blow to the monster's head, Shazam appeared and zapped the other clone with electricity.

Finally, they had defeated all the clones.

"Darkseid is getting more bolder by the day. It is only a matter of time before he comes knocking on our front door". Darkforce said, looking at the carnage around them.

"Well, if he does we'll be ready for him. Besides, we got you and Atreus on our side". Shazam said.

"Yeah, but Atreus isn't really a League member. He prefers being a freelance member instead". Darkforce said.

Then Darkforce's comm went off.

"Darkforce. Report". Batman's voice came.

"Everything is good here, Bats. We took care of all the clones in New York. How are things in Metropolis?". Darkforce said.

"Cyborg and I defeated the clones a while ago. Now we're trying to find a way to send them back to Apokolips". Batman said.

"Send them back? Isn't that a little risky? I mean Darkseid might come through if he sees an opening". Darkforce said, leaning against a clone's dead body.

"We have it handled. Check in with the others and tell them what we're planning". Batman said.

Then the line went dead.

Darkforce made a face,"He hung up on me".

"I'm not surprised". Came Shazam's voice a few feet, who was inspecting a clone's dead body.

"I'm gonna contact the others. Bats has already contacted Diana, Clark, Hal, Barry, Arthur, Mari, Shayera. So that only leaves Hawkman and J'onn". Darkforce said.

"Well, go ahead. Don't let me keep you from doing your duties". Shazam teased.

Darkforce laughed,"Real funny, bro".

The dark hero activated his comm and contacted his friends.

"Yes?". Came J'onn's voice.

"Whew! For a second I was worried that Hawkman would pick up". Darkforce said.

"And why is that?". J'onn asked.

"Well, he doesn't talk that much". The dark hero responded.

J'onn laughed a little.

"Anyway, Bat's told me that he and Cyborg are gonna beam up the clones into a Boom tube so I would suggest moving a few feet away". Darkforce said.

"Oh, thanks for the heads up". J'onn said.

"Later". Darkforce said before hanging up.

"We should probably head to National City and help there". Shazam said.

"Don't worry, Supergirl and the Titans already took care of things there". Darkforce said.

"Then we should probably head back to the Watchtower". Shazam said.

"Yeah. Let's get outta here". Darkforce said.

                   Hours later

Troy leaned against the shower as the water poured down his body, he took deep breaths and he kept his eyes closed to have a moment to himself. He turned off the shower and exited the bathroom and wrapped a towel around his body, he quickly freshened himself up before donning his suit again and heading out the bathroom. As he made his way toward the meeting room, he thought about a few things in his life. The idea of having a wife again made him feel restless, he knew that Diana was okay with him feeling this way but she didn't want it to affect his decision.

But he loved Diana with all his heart so he decided to take the chance. For her sake.