Chapter 39

Darkforce received a powerful punch from Zeus and he fell back and groaned but he got up in time to evade a slice from the god, who still wielded the Blade of Olympus.

"Your fighting has changed". Zeus said,"Its as if you can predict where my blows will land".

"Thanks to killing Arachne, I now wield her power to sense danger anywhere and anytime". Darkforce said.

"Yes". The god smirked darkly,"But not if I stun it".

The god of Olympus clapped his hands together and a large thunderclap erupted from it, this made Darkforce stagger back and hold his head in pain. His divine sense had been disrupted and all he could see was white, he fell to his knees and continued holding his head in severe agony.

"I did not want this, Asideus". Zeus said,"But your agony is just beginning, my son".

Darkforce then felt the Blade of Olympus pierce his back as the god stabbed him from behind, the dark hero groaned in pain before he got punched multiple times in the face before being thrown into a wall after the blade was removed from his back.

Zeus heard shuffling from behind him and narrowly evaded a sword attack from Athena, he blocked her second attack before giving her a powerful backhand across the face.

"You disappoint me, Athena". Zeus growled,"Not only do you betray your own kind but you side with this mortal, the same one who has troubled the gods for decades".

Athena grinned at her father mischievously,"Asideus surpasses even the gods themselves".

Those words made Zeus' face darken in rage before he ran forward and stabbed her with the Blade of Olympus. She gasped before looking up at her father with a pained smile.

"This battle is already over, father". Athena said,"You have already lost".

Then she disappeared in a bright light.

Darkforce slowly got to his feet while holding his head in agony, he couldn't believe that Athena was gone for a second time.

"Zeus!!!!". Darkforce raged,"Is this the best you can do?!!!".

Zeus eyed the blade in his hand for awhile before turning to acknowledge the dark hero with a death glare.

"Do not forget, my son". The god said,"You also ended the lives of your flesh and blood by your own hands. You are no different".

Darkforce immediately seethed with rage, he unsheathed his blades before running toward the god and unleashing multitudes of flaming slices. Zeus staggered back before blocking the blades with his own mystical sword, he then kicked Darkforce in the chest but the dark hero didn't even flinch.

The dark hero punched the god in the face with such powerful force that he crashed out of the building, Darkforce jumped out as well and followed him out.

                 ............................

The Justice League killed the last remaining monsters that Hades had unleashed, they all stood back and admired their work.

"Well, that's the last of 'em". Hal said, before finishing the last monster.

"This was not what I totally planned on a Thursday night". Flash said.

"Nah, it wasn't so bad". Kid Flash,"We got to fight a god and we get a souvenir". He held up Hermes' diadem with pride on his face.

"Totally crash, Wally". Impulse said as he sped up and took a closer look.