Chapter 21

The Hall of Justice HQ was quiet since the death of Darkforce, the other members of the League did their work around the headquarters to keep their minds off the incident that happened. They cleaned his body and donned him in his new suit along with the mask, the suit that he used during the fight with Doomsday was kept by the government until the handoff ceremony.

His coffin was brown with golden spartan culture symbols imprinted on the sides, Diana decided to make the design herself since she knew his culture very well. The letters DF were imprinted at the top of the coffin, the letters stood for DarkForce. The coffin was in a room behind a big glass, since it was a separate room itself. Cyborg and Wonder Woman watched the coffin through the glass screen, none of them have said anything since coming in here.

"We should go. The others are probably waiting". Cyborg said.

The Amazon exhaled,"You go ahead. I need another minute".

Cyborg was quiet for a moment. Out of all the others, including himself, he knew that Wonder Woman was hit the hardest by the dark hero's death. Even if she didn't intend to show it.

"Take your time". He said to her before leaving the room.

Wonder Woman watched the coffin with a sad look, she walked up to the door and opened it. She entered the room that housed the coffin, she slowly reached out to touch the wood and then she gently ran her fingers across the mahogany texture. She had held in her emotions for far too long and she knew that they had to come out at some point, better here than at the ceremony.

Her eyes started to water and she started to cry, all that time she was holding in was spilling out now. She felt weak, vulnerable and didn't have the strength to fight anymore. She collapsed onto her knees and rested her head on the coffin and continued crying. Amazons are always seen as warriors and that is true but they are also just women, with emotions. She didn't understand why his death made her feel this way, so empty and hollow. She felt that life was pointless if he was not around, she was angry at him yet saddened by his death.

"I....love.....you". She said, in between sobs.

.........................

Cyborg entered the lounge room of the HQ and saw the other members look up at him, he felt atmosphere in the room it was dull and depressing.

"Where's Diana?". Superman asked.

"She needed a minute". Cyborg said, looking down.

The other members also looked down in sadness.

"I can understand that. Losing someone close to you can be hurtful stuff". Green Lantern said.

"Yeah. But I've never felt anything like this before, it feels as if part of me died along with him". Flash said.

"We all feel the same way". Aquaman said.

"The ceremony will be tomorrow in New York. There, our friend will be laid to rest". J'onn said.

"Yeah, I hope so". Cyborg said.

"Kal?". Came a sad female voice.

Everyone turned to see Supergirl and Batgirl, Superman stood up and then Supergirl ran into his arms. He felt her body shake against him as she sobbed.

"I know, I know". Superman said, rubbing her back in reassurance.

"I...can't believe.....his gone". Supergirl sobbed.

"I'm just as hurt by this like you, Kara. We all are". Superman said.

Supergirl let go off Superman and then looked at the rest of the members.

"Hi, everyone. I'm sorry about that". She said, wiping her eyes.

Hawkgirl stood up,"You don't need to apologize, Kara. We all feel the pain of losing our friend as well". Supergirl nodded and then Hawkgirl hugged the Kryptonian girl.

"Can I go see him?". Supergirl asked.

Superman looked at the others and they nodded their heads once in agreement, he closed his eyes for a minute.

"Go ahead". Superman said.

"Thank you, Kal. Barbs, do you want to come with?". Supergirl asked.

Batgirl smiled at her,"No, you go on ahead. I'll be fine here".

Supergirl smiled and walked out.

"You might run into Diana. She's kind of in there". Cyborg said.

"Thanks, Vic". Supergirl said.

............................

Supergirl walked into a room and saw a large glass screen ahead of her, the coffin was behind the screen and she saw Wonder Woman standing inside the room and staring at the coffin. She quickly collected herself and opened the door to the other room, she entered the room and saw how dim the lighting was. It seemed as if the Amazon had not heard come in because she just stared ahead.

"Diana?". Supergirl called.

The Amazon snapped out of her trance and looked at her, she looked surprised to see Kara here.

"Kara? What are you doing here?". The Amazon asked.

Kara noticed Wonder Woman's eyes,"Were you crying?".

Wonder Woman wiped her eyes,"It shows, huh?". Supergirl nodded.

"It just shocked me when I heard that he was gone". Supergirl said, looking away.

"Yes. I know the feeling". The Amazon said, looking down.

"Oh. I'm so sorry, Diana. I didn't mean..... ".

The Amazon gave a small smile,"It's okay, Kara. You don't need to apologize".

"Thank you". Supergirl said,"I just wanted to come say my final goodbyes".

"Do you want to be alone?". Wonder Woman asked.

"No. I want you to stay". Supergirl replied.

The Amazon nodded and leaned back against the glass. The Kryptonian girl turned her head and faced the coffin of her fallen friend.

"Hi, Troy. How you doing?". She began,"I know you can't hear me but I just want you to know that everyone misses you, including me and Diana. You were one of a kind, Troy. I'm going to miss you around the city and I don't think I can go on without you being in my life".

The Amazon looked at the girl and saw the tears in her eyes, she slowly walked up and started rubbing her shoulders in reassurance.

"Take your time". Wonder Woman whispered. Supergirl started to sniffle frequently.

"I'm going to miss your jokes most of all. Who will be the one to make me laugh now? I just want you back, Troy. I just want you back". Supergirl started crying again and she was letting out even more emotion.

Wonder Woman turned her around and tightly pulled her into an embrace, the Kryptonian kept crying even more.

"Let it out, Kara. Let it all out". The Amazon said, holding her.

'I need him back too'. Wonder Woman thought.

A single tear streamed down her face and she closed her eyes.