Chapter 68

The sky thundered drastically as two figures flew through the air, they then crashed onto a cliff of a mountain and one of the two figures slammed into the mountain with incredible force. The second figure stood up and looked toward the horizon before turning to the first figure.

"Zeus should have kept you where you belong". Poseidon spoke up as he struggled to get up,"No matter how many gods fall. There will always be another to stand against you".

"They will fall as well". Asideus said as he approached the defeated god.

"The death of Olympus means the death of us all".

"Then prepare for your death, Poseidon". Asideus responded with sadistic eyes.

........

Overlooking the city, Troy sat on the edge of a building and he slowly opened his eyes after the memory passed.

"That was for what you did to Medusa, Poseidon". He said softly.

Medusa was one of the few monsters he hesitated in trying to kill but because of vengeance he had no choice but to go through with it. The main reason for his hesitance was because Medusa was an old childhood sweetheart of his, they were close but it didn't last long. He met her when they both were still kids, Medusa was passing through Sparta with her sisters, Stheno and Euryale. But due to circumstances, they didn't stay together for a long time until he met her again to kill her as the monster she was well known as.

"Must have been hard, huh?".

Troy quickly got to his feet and turned to see Chaos floating toward him, he scowled at this. He was tired of beings like her being able to bypass his divine sense, he didn't even sense her presence at all.

"What do you want, Chaos?". He asked.

"I sensed what you were thinking". Chaos replied smoothly,"Since Athena isn't here anymore, I though I'd take over as your conscious".

Troy hummed in an annoyed manner before facing the city.

"It must have been hard to kill her, huh?".

Troy closed his eyes as he remembered what the Gorgon used to look like before she got cursed by Athena.

"Yes".

"If its any consolation, I think you did her a favor by ending her life". Chaos said as she touched his shoulder and ran it down his arm,"Then she wouldn't have to suffer mankind's cruelty".

"Then why do I feel guilty?".

"Because you knew each other as children, that level of closeness can be hurtful when it is betrayed. Not that you did anyway". The cosmic being said.

"Ah, how lovely". A voice said behind them.

They both turned to see Lucifer approaching them with one hand in his pocket, with his ever present smile. Troy didn't trust the fallen angel one bit but he didn't seem threatening at the moment, so that was a good sign for now.

Chaos glared at the approaching fallen angel.

"Do you not have a piano bar to look after?". Chaos asked with venom in her voice,"Far from here?".

"Maze is taking care of things. I came to check on our little friend here". Lucifer smiled before glancing at the dark hero,"Hello, Troy".

Troy nodded his head in his direction.

"Anyway, your great grandchildren are becoming a nuisance, Chaos". Lucifer said as he approached her,"Take care of it before I do and we both know I really don't want to".