Chapter 9

"What you did was irresponsible?". Diana said.

"Yeah. So I've heard". Troy said, leaning against the wall,"Bruce already said that, Diana. I don't need you to lecture me as well".

Diana frowned,"I'm not lecturing you. I'm only stating what you did wrong".

"Hey, Dinah and Ollie were the ones who called me. I only did what was right, alright?". Troy said.

"I know. But you should have informed the rest of the League about this". Diana said.

Troy got up to leave but then a hand pulled him back into his seat.

"I'm not finished, yet". She continued,"Plus, you should not have fought those two assassins like that. They will become suspicious on how you beat them so easily and will come after you".

Troy looked at her and saw the concern in her eyes. He pondered on if now was the right time to tell her how he felt towards her. But judging on the circumstances, he decided to suppress it.

"You care about me, don't you?". He smiled.

"Of course". She said.

"Alright, Diana. I'll be more careful next time". He said, getting up.

"Good. If you don't, I will come after you with the blaze of a thousand suns". She said, getting into his face.

Troy immediately gulped at that. He knew that he was powerful but Diana always found ways to intimidate him. It was the reason why he felt this attraction towards her. He watched her walk away, he noticed that she was wearing the red and silver costume more often now and he was okay with seeing her in that outfit.

He was currently in the watchtower's meeting room and he sighed as he sat down. Then Cyborg walked in with a smile, then looked back at the entrance that Diana left through before looking at a defeated looking Troy.

"Diana giving you a hard time too?". Cyborg asked, holding a pizza box.

"Please,Vic. I've had enough lectures today as it is". Troy said, rubbing his temples.

Cyborg laughed and then opened the pizza box,"Want a slice?".

Troy shook his head,"I don't think now is the right time for pizza for me".

Cyborg shrugged and sat down facing the dark spartan,"So, you gonna tell the Amazon how you feel?".

Troy looked up at Cyborg,"I don't know, bro. She looks pretty into Batman".

"Yeah. That's one of the things that complicate a relationship". Cyborg said, eating another slice of pizza.

"Dude, are you trying to help me or break me?". Troy said, frowning.

Cyborg smiled,"Sorry, man".

Troy sighed.

"Just tell her how you feel and get it over with. The more you hide it the more it will eat you up". Cyborg said.

"Maybe next time". Troy said, getting up to leave.

...........................

"The way I see it he's doing a good job, Bruce". Superman said.

"I agree, Clark. Dinah and Ollie should have been more responsible, by involving the Titans as well". Batman said.

"The Titans wanted in on the action, especially Robin". Superman said.

"Don't bring Damian into this". Batman said.

Then the door to the private meeting room opened, the two turned to see Diana enter.