Chapter 26

Mari McCabe also known as the Vixen came walking out of the airport with her luggage. She stayed in LA for two years but decided to come home to New York, plus she was excited to see Dinah, Shayera and Helena. But she knew finding Helena was gonna be a tough one since she was Huntress and all, she didn't care though. She didn't inform the League that she was coming, she wanted to make a surprise visit. She saw a cab and hailed it down, it came to a stop and the cab driver came out and helped her put her things in.

"Where to, ma'am?". The driver asked, getting behind the wheel.

"Queens will be good". Mari said.

The driver nodded and took off. She was extremely exhausted after her flight and she just rested on the seat's pillow, once she got to her old apartment she could pay the landlord the rent he needed. Then she heard a boom, she leaned forward and saw a helicopter tumble out of the sky. She looked in horror as it headed for the street.

"What the hell?!". She exclaimed.

"Don't worry. Darkforce has it covered". The driver said with a smile.

She looked confused,"Who?".

"You'll see". The driver said.

Mari looked out again and then to her surprise saw a black figure drop from out of the sky and landing on the ground. She saw the figure catch the chopper as he rolled beneath it, she was surprised by the strength this guy showed that she questioned her own abilities. He fired what seemed like chains to her then he hooked them onto the chopper and he made a flip backwards and yanked on the chain, the helicopter skidded to a halt on the street and she saw the pilot breathe in relief and his passenger did the same.

"Hey, can you stop here for a second? I want to take a closer look at this guy". She said.

"Sure. Everyone wants to see Darkforce every now and then". The driver said.

She smiled and exited the cab.

She jogged toward the crowd that was gathering around the helicopter, she saw Darkforce jump into the middle of the crowd with amazing reflexes. Her interest peaked even more as she made her way through the crowd, she got to the front just in time to see the dark hero rip the pilot's door open.

"Sir, you alright?". The dark hero asked.

"Yes. Thank you, Darkforce. I don't know what happened up there". The pilot said.

"Don't worry about that. What's important is that you're safe". Darkforce said, helping the pilot out of the chopper.

Then he went to the other side and helped the female passenger out, she was surprised when Darkforce carried her out with ease.

"You okay, ma'am?". He asked.

The woman looked up at the tall hero with her hands on his chest, she nervously nodded her head and tried to stand on her two feet. Then the sirens rang out and they seemed close, Darkforce united the pilot and the passenger woman before taking off and swinging away. The crowd burst out into cheers and applause as the hero disappeared, Mari was impressed by the heroism she just saw now. She knew he was probably in the hero business for a long time, judging by the way he interacted with the people.

He was like a big brother that looked after the little guy, after this she wanted to know more about him. She turned and headed back toward the cab, she opened the door and went in.

"How did it go?". The driver asked.

"Surprisingly fine". She replied,"But isn't he the same Darkforce that defeated a monster called Doomsday and died while doing it?".