Chapter 35

Wonder girl was repeatedly stomped further into the ground by Hades. The god of the underworld lifted her up with a deep dark laugh before punching her away, she crashed into the side of a building which caused some civilians to run away. Starfire and Cyborg snuck up behind the god of the underworld and lay their attack, Hades saw the attack coming and whipped his chains at them and they wrapped around the two heroes.

"Let's see how much pain you can take". He said sadistically.

He spun his chain and slammed them into the ground multiple times, each slam became harder with force. Then finally he slammed them again before stomping on them, leaving a small crater in the process.

The god laughed darkly.

Suddenly, a flaming appeared and stabbed the god in his side multiple times. The god roared in pain before sinking to one knee, then Darkforce jumped into the air from behind the god. He landed in front of the god before letting loose a powerful punch, Hades went flying back but the dark hero quickly caught him in mid air before swinging him and throwing him halfway across the city.

"How...did you do that?". A voice asked behind Darkforce.

The dark hero turned and saw Wonder girl, Starfire and Cyborg. None of them looked good. He frowned at that but he knew he should worry about that later, stopping the gods was more important.

"Fighting gods in the past has given me experience in exploiting their weaknesses". Darkforce said.

Then the flaming chariot flew over them and circled back to taunt them, Darkforce frowned at this.

Then Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl and Arsenal ran over.

"How do we stop that guy?". Arsenal asked.

"How do you stop someone that controls the sun?". Batgirl asked.

Darkforce pulled out a chain before firing it at the circling chariot, the chains wrapped around the chariot rider before the dark hero pulled and yanked Helios out of his chariot and made him crash into a building.

"That's how you stop him". He said facing the other heroes.

The other heroes were shocked by this.

"Seriously?!". Arsenal exclaimed.

"Use this chain. It cancels out Helios' sun powers, make sure to use it when he is vulnerable". Darkforce said handing Nightwing the chain,"And don't, under any circumstances shoot RPGs at him or you'll increase his energy".

Nightwing smiled and took the chain.

"We'll do our best".

"Remember: stick to hand to hand combat, that way Helios won't have any chance of absorbing more power". Darkforce said before swinging away.

"Since when do we take orders from him?". Arsenal asked.

"He just took down two gods and that's your question". Robin said.

................................

Alecto moved back a few paces as Supergirl was landing blow after blow on her, Superboy flew in from behind and punched the fury in the kidneys with powerful force. The Queen of the Furies screamed in pain before dropping to one knee, Supergirl reared up and let loose a bone shattering uppercut. The Fury shot into the air and collided into a skyscraper, Superboy shot after her and Supergirl followed close behind.

Alecto rubbed her head before looking down at the approaching kryptonians, she evaded Superboy at the last second and fired her black symbiotic goo at Supergirl.

"Arrgh, not again!". Supergirl exclaimed as she tried to escape the goo.

Superboy came from behind and held Alecto in a bear hug, she merely laughed at this before phasing through his body and appearing behind him. Superboy turned and saw her floating behind him, he flew toward her and punched her but she became dust at that moment.

It was an illusion.

"I'm starting to think she was going easy on us this whole time". Superboy said.

"You'd be correct, mortal". Her voice.

The kryptonian was met with sharp nails to his face and he groaned in pain before holding his bleeding face.

Wonder Woman and Zatanna helped Superman, Batman, Flash and Shazam take on Ares. But compared to the other Ares, this one was more powerful and the Amazon was starting to realise that as she punched against a building for the fifth time. Superman appeared and slammed into the god but Ares stopped his momentum and slammed him into the ground, then he kicked him into a truck before feeling an explosion at the back of his head.

He turned and saw Batman throw a charge at him, then he pressed a button and the charge exploded causing the god of war to be temporarily blinded. Shazam appeared and fired bolts of lightning at the god and he groaned in rage than pain, the god of war quickly reached out and grabbed Shazam by the throat and slammed him into the ground and punching him multiple times.

Wonder Woman wrapped her lasso around the god's arm as he tried to make another punch on Shazam, she pulled with all her might and caused the god to fly toward her. Then she used her shield to hit him in the face, he crashed across the street and looked up at her with rage in his eyes.

"My sister from another world, interesting". Ares said with a smirk.

He tried to release a blast of fire but the Amazon saw through his attacks and sliced his hand off with her sword, he groaned in pain and held the stump that was once his hand.

"You are still just like my gods". She said before stabbing the god of war in the chest with her sword.

Ares' eyes rolled to the back of his head and they closed, he lay motionlessly before slowly turning into glowing energy and disappearing.

"One down...." Wonder Woman said.

"More to go". Batman said.

....................................

Aquaman and Mera were close to the harbour and many of Poseidon's minions were preventing them from getting into the ocean, Mera called water from the ocean and washed away a couple of the minions. Aquaman used his trident to slice through many of the monsters, then he stabbed a bigger one and slammed it into the ground.

Then a chain appeared and smacked away a few monsters, the two Atlanteans looked up and saw Darkforce land on the ground with two foreign flame infused blades. He then sliced his way through the monsters with his blades and flames trailed behind each attack, the monsters saw the attacks and decided to gang together against the foreigner. Darkforce sliced another and hacked his way through the wall of monsters,he spun and sliced his blades and the mystical flames formed a circle of fire and destroyed any of the monsters that got too close.

The rest of the monsters jumped back into the ocean and retreated.

"Good". Darkforce said,"Lead me to that king of yours".

"Those swords seem to be doing amazing, Darkforce'. Aquaman said.

Darkforce nodded,"It's what made me unstoppable in the past".

Mera looked at Aquaman before walking up,"We're kind of swimming to Atlantis and I don't think you'll survive the pressure".

"Oh, I'll survive". Darkforce said,"Trust me, I fought a lot of monsters in the ocean. My body is already adapted to water".

Mera seemed satisfied with that answer.

"Let's go then". Aquaman said.

Then all three of them jumped into the ocean and headed for Atlantis, to take it back.