Chapter 34

Hal flew through the air and crashed onto the asphalt street and skidded across it, he got up in time to block a punch from Megaera. The fury of the flesh gave Hal's energy shield one powerful hit and it shattered, the shockwave knocked him back.

Hawkgirl floated down toward him and landed next to him.

"We can't keep this up forever". Hal said,"We're getting creamed out here".

"We have to last as long as possible". Hawkgirl said.

"Foolish mortals". Megaera seethed,"You have no real motivation to stand against me!".

She moved forward for an attack but Hal powered up his ring and fired green beams of energy at her, she staggered back and growled. Hawkgirl saw her chance and lunged forward, then she hit Megaera in the face with her mace which sent her flying into a car.

Hades used his mystical chain claws and knocked back many heroes, Wonder girl flew in for an attack and landed a kick to his helmet covered face. The god of the Underworld shook it off and caught her on the leg before smashing her into the ground, he then raised his leg and proceeded to stomp on her repeatedly.

"You were a fool to face me, Amazon". Hades laughed darkly.

The god of the Underworld then felt energy blasts hitting him on his back, he turned and saw Starfire and Cyborg powering up again for another attack.

"You mortals don't ever learn". Hades said,"You face a god of Olympus!".

He then dug his chains that had hooks on the ends into the ground and conjured up Sirens, the Siren spectres flew toward Starfire and Cyborg for an attack.

"Incoming!". Cyborg warned.

"I see them". Starfire said before blasting at the spectres.

The Sirens evaded their attacks and released sonic screams, the two heroes were forced to cover their ears. Hades saw his chance and used his chains and whipped the two heroes away, they went flying as they got hit.

Wonder girl regained consciousness and groaned in pain after holding her crater, she then flew out of the hole that she created when the god of the Underworld smashed her into the ground.

"Hey, Jarhead!". She yelled.

Hades turned and felt a powerful punch sent him skidding back a few feet, he growled and swung his chain at her. She evaded the first attack and kicked the god across his helmet covered face, but then the second chain attack clipped her in the shoulder and knocked her out of the sky.

Superman flew toward Ares with glowing red eyes, he blasted the god of war with his heat vision but Ares simply held up his arms to block the attacks. Batman ran around the god and threw his batarangs at him, they exploded upon impact and the god moved a few paces back.

"Impressive". The god of war smirked,"But not good enough to save you against me".

Before Superman could move away, he caught the Kryptonian and punched him into a building. He saw Batman about to throw another cluster of batarangs but the god of war saw it coming and released a beam of flames from his hands and they engulfed the ground. The dark knight was forced to take cover at this point, he then touched the side of his head and activated his comm link.

"Shazam. You're up". He said.

"Right on, Bats". Shazam's voice came through.

Batman looked up and saw a red and white blur fly threw the air before blasting large bolts of electricity at Ares, the god of war was surprised by this and groaned in pain before sinking to one knee. Superman saw his chance and flew toward the god with a raised fist, the punch made the god fall back and crash against a building.