Chapter 88

Clark paced back and forth in front of the dark hero, the news he just got was disturbing and he didn't like it. Troy sat on a seat and rested his arms on his knees with his head bowed.

"So, let me get this straight. Chaos, a primordial being of creation wants to see keep you alive and watch you suffer". The Man of Steel said as he came to a stop,"While on the other hand, gods of different pantheon are upset that you caused an imbalance by killing Darkseid and defeating Trigon, correct?".

"That's the gist of it". Troy said nonchalantly.

"And we just ended a war". Clark facepalmed in defeat.

"Another reason why I'm concerned about this". Troy said getting up.

"It also explains why Diana left with Artemis in a hurry". The Kryptonian answered.

The Spartan didn't think he'd be in Metropolis talking to Clark about this but here he was.

"Did you tell Bruce?".

"I did. He didn't take it well". Troy said looking out the apartment window.

"Most of the League members haven't recovered enough to fight another war and I doubt we'd win, seeing as we're barely standing". Clark pointed out.

"The League doesn't need to get involved". Troy said,"I want zero injuries and casualties this time around".

"What are you going to do?". The Kryptonian asked.

"I'm going to deal with the pantheons first". Troy said as he thought carefully,"I don't want them coming after me and causing damage all over the place. New York was already an example of that".

"Chaos?".

"I'll go for her next". The Spartan said.

                ..........................................

"Hey, Yin!". Dinah's voice came from upstairs.

"Yeah, Dinah?". Yin called back as she looked away from her work on her laptop before looking toward the stairs.

The curvaceous form of Dinah Lance came down the stairs and looked at the cop with a sheepish look.

"Your washing machine is acting up again".

"Aw, again?". Yin groaned as she rubbed her right temple,"We really need to get a new one".

"On the bright side, I was able to get my laundry done". Dinah smiled,"Thanks for that".

"No problem". Yin smiled a bit at that.

Then they heard the front door open, they both turned to see Troy walking into the kitchen with a neutral expression.

"Hi, babe". Yin greeted.

Troy quickly turned.

"Oh, hi Yin and...........Dinah?".

Dinah waved at him with a smile.

"How are you?".

"I'm good, I'm good". Troy responded before getting a soda can from the fridge,"How's Ollie doing?".

"He's better. Back to his old, annoying self". Dinah laughed,"Though, he still needs to rest".

"That's great to hear".

"Yeah, he-". Yin's smile quickly faded before she quickly got up and ran for the bathroom.

"Yin?". Troy called worriedly.

"Is she alright?". Dinah asked.

They both quickly followed the young cop and then they saw her lock the door, a second later they heard her unloading the contents of her stomach into the toilet. Dinah frowned at this as she listened to the young cop vomiting, Troy wondered what was happening to her.