Chapter 82

A powerful boom of energy pulsed out and Wonder Woman crashed into a wall of debris before rolling out of the stomping foot of Trigon, the Demon released a plume of hellfire at the Amazon causing her to hold up her shield in defense. The heat was so intense that the shield started to melt, Superman saw her in distress and was about to fly over to help but a punch to the face sent him flying back.

The Amazon got her forearm burned by the shield's molten metal and she quickly dashed away from the heat before throwing her lasso at Trigon's throat and started to pull with her good arm, Trigon smirked and was about to blast another wave of hellfire but the dark figure of Darkforce appeared and he landed a solid blow to the side of the face of the Demon with his blades which left a nasty cut to his already damaged face.

"Diana, go for the chest!". Darkforce yelled as he grabbed onto the lasso for her.

The Amazon grunted from the pain in her burned forearm before lifting her sword and dashing toward the Demon, then she impaled her sword into the side of his chest where the heart would be located but Trigon merely growled and whacked her away but she stabilized herself in midair.

Superman bashed Darkseid into the ground multiple times before bodyslamming him into walls of debris lying everywhere, the dark lord fired his Omega Beams but the Kryptonian retaliated by firing his own heat vision which caused an explosion. Superman took the moment to punch the dark lord across the jaw multiple times before blasting his ice breath all over him, Darkseid roared and broke free before firing his Omega Beams into the chest of Superman causing him to fly back.

Darkforce evaded the attacks of Trigon who kept teleporting, the Amazon saw her opening and sliced Trigon with her sword before releasing a bone crushing punch to his back which caused the Demon to roar.

He rapidly turned before whipping his forearm into her ribcage which sent her crashing into a wall, she sagged in pain and looked up in time to see Darkseid hit Trigon across the face. The two Titans flew off into the distance as they continued to beat the crap out of each other.

The dark hero approached the Man of Steel.

"You good?". Darkforce asked as he held out his hand.

"Not for the most part". Superman replied taking his hand and getting up but hunching up slightly.

Then the Kryptonian floated over to the Amazon who was getting to her feet, Superman held her close and she winced slightly from some of the bruises he touched.

"I'm sorry, Diana".

"What are you apologizing for? We are all at fault here". She replied.

"Troy, I am so sorry for everything". Superman said as he gave him a sincere look.

"We were wrong in all this. If we had listened to you some of our friends would still be alive". The Amazon said,"I am very sorry. Forgive me".

The dark hero felt his fist clench and the crack of bones could be heard.

"The time for apologies is over". Darkforce spoke darkly,"This world is doomed as it is but there is still hope of saving it. I let one world down and I'm not letting this one down either".

"Then you have to do it, Troy". The Amazon pleaded.

"No, I can't". The dark hero replied.

"Please, it's the only way". Wonder Woman replied.

"There's no telling of the destruction I would bring if I did it". The dark hero replied,"The planet might not even take it".

"What are you two talking about?". Superman asked.