Chapter 43

Raven had decided to come pay Troy a visit in New York, since they both had dark pasts they easily bonded and became good friends. Troy saw her as his younger sister, so any intimate feelings were out the window plus she was only sixteen. The weather in the city was becoming more chilly with every passing week, winter was setting in and it came a lot faster than expected.

"I'm surprised you even came to see me at all". He joked as they walked through the streets.

"I just had to". She replied,"We haven't talked in awhile".

"I guess". He sighed,"The others know you're here, right?".

"Yeah, don't worry". She said,"You're not gonna get arrested for going on a date with a minor".

Troy smiled,"Diana would have a field day when that time comes, it would give her good reason to beat the shit out of me".

Raven laughed.

"So, what do you go by in public?". He asked.

"Rachel Roth". She said.

"Oh, sounds cryptic and like a evil mistress that runs a school where kids disappear every few weeks". He joked.

"Wow".

"I know my mind is pretty messed up".

They came to a stop at a café and the dark hero let her go in first, she shrugged off the cold before taking a booth in a corner that had little light in it. Troy liking her choice followed her and sat across her.

"Guess we both like the darkness". He said.

"It can be welcoming sometimes". Rachel said before taking off her black jacket.

Troy was busy on his phone before he noticed her black shirt that had freaky designs on the front with a certain dark hero imprinted in the middle of it, surrounded in chains while in a crouch stance.

"Is that-".

"Yeah, that's you". Rachel said,"You like it?".

"How did you get it?".

Rachel smirked,"Get it? I made it myself".

Troy felt his jaw drop open in shock. He quickly composed himself and blinked a few times.

"You made a shirt?!". He asked.

"Yeah, by using a little magic". She said,"It wasn't that hard, to be honest".

Before Troy could anything else, a waitress came to their table and she quickly asked what they wanted.

"I'll have a coffee". Troy said.

"French fries and a soda". Rachel said in her usual monotone voice.

The waitress wrote down their order and took off.

"Why a shirt?". Troy asked after everything settled down.

"Shirts display real emotion that's imprinted on it". Rachel said,"You displayed on this shirt shows the darkness and chaos that swirls within all of us and plus I think it looks cool".

"You know, you should win the emo of the year award".

She gave his leg a hard kick under the table and he winced a little but he smiled at her after a moment to show that she couldn't really hurt him.

Then a teenager walked up to them with a grey hoodie.

"Sorry for interrupting but my friends and I back at my table couldn't help but admire the shirt you were wearing". He said.

Rachel looked at her shirt before looking at the guy,"Oh, thanks".

"Where did you get it?". He asked.