Chapter 75

Swarms of parademons were sliced to pieces as the dark hero dashed through them, the blades burned hotter with each kill and he became more bloodlusted with each slice but it still wasn't enough to awaken his True Rage. He spotted a few military soldiers scouring the city looking for any survivors, he jumped into the air and evaded another attack before killing the demon.

"Darkforce!".

The dark hero turned and saw a soldier run up to him, he killed the final monster before approaching the soldier.

"Lieutenant Scott, we got your orders to evacuate the city". The soldier said,"We got most of the population out, we just need more time to get everyone out".

"I'll buy you that time". Darkforce replied,"Just make sure to get outta here".

Scott saluted before running off to catch up to the rest of his squad.

A parademon jumped at him from behind but he quickly turned to hit it, fortunately a beam of heat vision beat him to it and he merely watched the monster drop dead. He looked up and saw the rest of the other League members approach him.

"Hey". Supergirl said with a small smile, knowing they were not on good terms at the moment.

The dark hero nodded his head at her.

"Where's everyone else?". Vixen asked as she walked up to the dark hero.

"I didn't get any word from Bruce". Darkforce replied.

"Neither did I". Mera replied, holding her trident tightly,"The Atlantean have been of good help but we can't keep this up forever".

Then a magic portal opened up and John Constantine stepped out, he closed the portal and watched everyone.

"John!". Zatanna exclaimed happily as she ran up to hug him.

"Hey, Zee". Constantine smiled as he hugged back.

Darkforce watched the two with a small smile.

"Those are some fancy blades, Troy?".

He turned and saw Big Barda approach him, he looked surprised and despite the mask on his face she knew he was shocked to see her here.

"Barda?". He called,"What are you doing here?".

"Well, we live in the same planet". Barda smiled,"Might as well work together to save it".

Then before they could all say anything, a Boom tube opened up above them. They all got into defensive stances in case something came out, but they were surprised when they saw Shazam and Green Lantern fall out.

"Hal!". Nightwing yelled as he ran over.

They all ran over to the two and they all looked horrified when they saw blood everywhere, Shazam's leg was badly wounded as bones and tissue were visible.

"What the hell happened?!". Supergirl asked as she started to panic in worry.

"Ughh......those......t-those things". Shazam wheezed as blood poured out of his mouth.

"Don't talk, Billy". Darkforce said as he covered up the hero's leg with a cloth to stop the bleeding,"Don't talk for now".

"Hal, what happened?". Barda asked as she leaned him up against a debris of a building.

Hal was severely wounded and there were gashes all over his body, his mask was destroyed and his face was brutally bleeding.

"We didn't stand a chance up there". Hal coughed in pain,"Darkseid knew we were coming, he planned something bad for all of us".